Is brew still squishy?

With the new revamped tree, I expexted brew to be good and level a monk alt for fun.
However, after I watched my guildmate’s stream, I feel confused right now. A 405 brew got murdered in a SBG 18 by the pack of 4 before the first boss and said it was the healer’s fault. My BDK wouldn’t care about healer’s existence even with less gear.
Is brew still squishy and reliant on healers ?
Is brew still squishy and

Brew is still just as squishy as we were before 10.0.5, we just self heal and purify a little more now.

3 Likes

It still can be squishy but the self-healing is much better. All Tanks are viable in all content now. Honestly, I think that all we need is an armor buff right now and maybe a little less button bloat.

2 Likes

Takes away from the mechanics of mitigation for monks thoigh haha

As a healer, I feel like all tanks are squishy in fortified+bolstering week except warrior.

3 Likes

Still very, very squishy we just full heal ourselves every few globals now :slight_smile:

Stagger needs to work better on magic damage and it’ll be perfect. There’s way too much magic damage in keys right now for Brew.

1 Like

You have to kite that pack. You can’t face tank those void slashes on fort bolstering, they’ll delete you. In this regard, BrM would have been an ideal tank for that pack as they can zip around and generate lots of threat from range.

1 Like

That pack if you don’t outrange the skeletons deletes most tanks if they don’t have a CD’s ready, not the healers fault the tank needs to backstep/outrange the slash.

That said Brew’s self healing is much better now, have had multiple runs where I’m the top healer as the tank since the buff.

Also you can check the actual stats on mplus.subcreation, right now BRM is the same exact tier as BDK and VDH

I dont kite them on my BDK, I desynce and deathstrike every dark lash. Cant you dispel harm every dark lash and def cd when they get bolster ?

no expel harm does not work that way, i mean you could hit it but there are better buttons to use, and without other orbs spawned it’s not going to heal for much.

If you didn’t want to kite and dodge the ability completely by taking a step back you could use dampen + celestial brew and diffuse etc as needed, but it’s just easier to roll backwards.

Brew is VERY MUCH still squishy unless we have healers on us. We can self-sustain a lot better now. But we do still need at least one healer on us. This is especially true for pvp. If there’s a lot of magic damage brew WILL die in seconds.

I was in some bgs where the horde team had 6 ranged magic dps. I died EXTREMELY quick to them even with healers on me. Our magic stagger is doing NOTHING to keep us alive right now in rated and non rated for magic.

2 Likes

Nice mog ol chap

1 Like

Pretty sure stagger is weaker against magic purely for PvE reasons. It should’ve been made 100% effective against magic in PvP a long time ago.

2 Likes

Tanks never have good mitigation against magic dmg, it’s one of the countermeasures that blizzard uses to prevent tanks from pvp.

Don’t think it has anything to do with PvP. Caster damage already can’t be dodged or parried so having less mitigation against it makes no sense. Tanks have weaker magic mitigation so they have to adhere to PvE mechanics instead of ignoring or cheesing them.

I said it was one of pvp countermeasures, I didn’t say anything about pve. You are misleading.

Anyway,
There are plenty of physical dmg sources in pve that cant be blocked/dodged/parried or mitigated by armor.
I dont understand how magic dmg is related to cheesing/ignoring mechanics here. In my opinion, magic dmg in pve to make the dmg intake profile more complexed, thus, giving more space to design tanks.

It has nothing to do with pvp. If they wanted it changed in pvp it’s a simple fix.

“Stagger in pvp is only X% effective against magical damage”

Just like they do with other abilties. Idk where you got his idea lmao

Dont twist what I said to your favour. I have no interest in playing your word game.

If you have no useful information related to the topic, please, dont try to bait for useless personal duel talk.

tank weakness against magic was a planned change for Legion iirc, since they decided major abilities would be magic with physical taking up the vast majority of damage sources.

Besides BDK, what tank is better than brew against magic dmg ?