Do something about people fly hacking?

Proof here that this level 3 rogue is fly hacking / no clipping.

Is Blizzard ever going to do something about this?

8 Likes

Npcs in trees, rogues in the ground and people in the sky! Evolution, it’s crazy.

3 Likes

Is Blizzard just lazy or incompetent or both?

3 Likes

The one intern working on Classic is really overwhelmed guys, let’s cut him some slack. It’s not at all reasonable to expect a multibillion dollar game company to have working anti cheat in their game.

4 Likes

failing upwards, as they do.

Well it’s funny when this company does so little that people start asking what they did in this post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-botshacks-are-allowed/646098?u=digits-pagle

1 Like

sMaLl InDiE cOmPaNy!

2 Likes

suprised this topic hasnt been scrapped by the forum police. it’s 100% real. and they are fly hacking zg every 15minutes. economy has been in the toilet for 5 months. the bots force you to buy gold because there is nothing youc an do on a dail y basis to grind out your raid consumes. the bots caused the inflation and nerf of items throughout the gene pool. Gold is dropping in value and bots are in full swing right now, hidden as time goes on while the economy tanks till there’s a reset on the out of control with ihs ignored by blizzard till the last minute.

Short answer: LOL no
Long answer: Small indie dev team, busy with making your Classic experience 100% authentic, please do not expose these “one off” instances of hacking. we will handle it, delete your video, do not post images with names shown, how dare you

Can we even be sure that’s a bot? Probably just an innocent rogue who got himself turned around. Now he’s just stuck under the world running around trying to find a friend. The right thing to do would be to give that poor little guy some gold, I’m sure he’s scared and confused.

1 Like

Gotta get the shovel out and dig him out. Help an undead brotha out

2 Likes

Can I get a blue post here? What plans does Blizzard have to prevent people from exploiting the game?

Automated Anticheat VS Automated Cheats

I think there is a clear winner here.

1 Like

"Automated Anticheat VS Automated Cheats

I think there is a clear winner here." - Digits

Clearly Blizzard’s anti cheat isn’t working, that’s why I want a blue post here.

1 Like

I think there is only 2 ways to solve the majority of the problems. One, add WoW token so buying gold is legal and it will remove most of the reason for bots/goldsellers to be here. Two, add invasive anti-cheat software. I believe WoW can not go outside of it’s program space to detect cheats. Many games use a 3rd-party anti-cheat program to detect cheats but a lot of people don’t like it. Since people don’t like it and Activision doesn’t care to employ it we are stuck with what we got.

1 Like

“I think there is only 2 ways to solve the majority of the problems. One, add WoW token so buying gold is legal and it will remove most of the reason for bots/goldsellers to be here. Two, add invasive anti-cheat software. I believe WoW can not go outside of it’s program space to detect cheats. Many games use a 3rd-party anti-cheat program to detect cheats but a lot of people don’t like it. Since people don’t like it and Activision doesn’t care to employ it we are stuck with what we got.”

This is entirely the wrong attitude. Where is my blue post?

1 Like

I love how people think it’s a great idea for Blizzard to fleece more money off their customers instead of doing their job.

Yeah it’s just baffling how people excuse a billion dollar corporation.

People are going to buy gold regardless where it comes from. A lot of people have more money than time to play games. Might as well come from a “legal” place.

2 Likes

Hey guess what private servers did? They BANNED gold buyers.

Well I think when nost went down they found out that one of the people running it was selling gear for real money. So private servers were not perfect like you think. There were bots there too I would see all the time. Might want to get out of your bubble.

Also, I hear a lot of whining and not a lot of ideas to back you up.