Is Benevolence a joke

Is the new talent Benevolence a joke. I mean a 3% healing buff as final row to compete with PW: Life. I hope its a joke and they will rework it cause seriously its so bad

2 Likes

Probably ok in raid if you don’t feel you need Life. Terrible everywhere else.

Yeah but it still a final row. its horrible

1 Like

All things considered even in my best M+ healing Parses: PWL is only 2.91% of my overall with 30 casts. For raid I hardly get a chance to press it.

I would still use PWL for M+, but for raid I’d switch over to the new talent because it’s basically just a +3% hps buff.

1 Like

Have you seen priest final row talents before?

2 Likes

Have we seen ANY final row talents?

Most specs just across the game see their more powerful talents in the middle of their tree. A ton of capstones are just skipped in class trees.

1 Like

It’s a raid talent

That’s kind of just how it has to be - you can’t miss the super powerful stuff, so it has to be in the middle. That’s why you get flat buffs like most classes or quarter-baked invisible RNG summon BS like shadow does :wink:

I dont use PWL in keys or raid. For me it might make the 3% a viable talent in raids. Prob not keys

You dont yse pwL in keys?

Its so handy and great for long boss fights when you go oom and need a big heal.

1 Like

I think its a great include. In many situations, i am not using PW:L. Considering i have the 4 set from Aberrus, as well as running 2 charges of Seren/Sanc; i am not using PW:L as much as i used to. So knowing i have more healing bonus VS a spell i kinda sorta dont use, is quite helpful.

For Disc priests i can see PW:L being more useful since they dont have as many instant cast abilities, but still having that buff VS a sometimes use button is better. I am sure the theory crafters and stats guys on YouTube and what not will give their opinion soon. But i think its nothing to scoff at just yet.

Not every new talent needs to be a mandatory op talent must pick in all forms of content.

More options is a very good thing. Same with the new new monk talents that arent like super great.

It’s giving passive options for people that want less buttons. I think it’s great.

Essence Devourer is more problematic in my opinion. If there’s anything people are clamoring for, it’s MORE talents propping up the worst 3 minute cooldown in the game.

bene is passive , PWL is active instant 10s (if used when needed)

We should’ve had Cascade as a final talent.
:dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

IMO one of the best talent changes on the PTR right now is the pathing that makes it easier for Shadow to pick up PW: Life in keys. You no longer have to dump 4 talents into flash heal options that don’t really make sense for Shadow.

1 Like

Ive never been a fan. If it crits then lovely but too often it does like 50k and i feel meh with it

I’ll never understand this logic of people that complain when they buff an ability that is “weak” or underused. Lol. This talent is extra choice which is great, and much more so for Disc squid builds.

1 Like

Its not thats its just lazy design for a last row to give 3% buff they should put the 3% somewhere else and i,d be glad to pick it. But as last row its really lazy design. They did the same with Demo they removed stuff to put flat crit chance % and other dmg buff that werent needed.

I have nothing with a second choice agains PW:life just not a lazy design

3% is so… meh. I mean, it can have value (maybe?) in a performance sense, but I wouldn’t expect such a thing from the last node of a tree.

If they wanted something that is clearly made for raid usage, perhaps they should go with an active ability, idk… .“Aura of Benevolence” - 30y radius +3% to every player healing effect for 10s.