Is anyone talking about how bad holy power is for holy Paladin?

I mean, is it true that it is forcing holy Pal into melee combat to be efficient? Otherwise we have to burn an extra gcd on beacon in order to get holy power with ranged heals. Will holy power system remove holy paladins from competitive pvp?

1 Like

I don’t know that Holy Power is going to be the factor that makes us stand in melee. It’s just going to come down to whether the stand back and cast method is better than the Crusader’s Might build.

The stand back and cast method will generate Holy Power far less frequently but it won’t have the non healing GCDs that the melee method will. Crusader’s Strike generating Holy Power will weight towards melee but it’s high mana cost, for a non heal ability, will weight against melee. It’s going to come down to tuning.

I don’t see changing beacons and then casting holy light/flash of light to get Holy Power being a thing. It would be too clunky unless they took beacon off the GCD.

1 Like

Hahahahaha. No.

1 Like

Unless they change the mastery, which I don’t think they will, it will never be better to stand back and cast.

1 Like

But isnt that what most teams did in the Blizz con finals? Most hpali healers stood back and cast heals while pillar humping. Unless I missed something.

1 Like

if ppl don’t want to be in melee, don’t do the glimmer build and don’t stack mastery. easy.

I cannot get behind the reintroduction of holy power for holy. I recall when holy power first went live in WOTLK Cataclysm pre-patch and it was a damn pain to play. It was the main reason why I went resto druid. I came back to Holy after they got rid of it.

I get that some people are looking forward to this, but I come from an era of holy paladins where holy power is not organic to me. It feels forced and a playstyle I absolutely hate. Its the main reason why I don’t even play rogues… But I digress…

My main gripe is, there is already so much that a healer has to do AS A HEALER and we don’t need a secondary resource (IN MY OPINION). Why on earth would they give the only healer a combo point system when they clearly aren’t bringing back Chi combo points for Mistweavers??? Disc, Holy Priests, both Resto’s, MW don’t have a secondary resource. This is bonkers, bizarro world to me.

Blizzard, you have time to change this. Remove Holy Power from Holy spec, my suggestion, rename ‘mana’ to ‘holy power’, change the bar to gold and there is our fantasy. You’re making things complex for the sake of complexity. Stop it.

2 Likes

Do not give people this advice. The advice should be, “if people don’t want to be in melee, don’t play a holy paladin.”

2 Likes

My man, it’s been true, that Holy Pally is most effective in melee range.

Holy Power will hadlve nothing to do with the fact that Pally should be close to their healing targets, it’s even reinforced in Mastery.

Other than that, Holy Power looks like it will only add even more burst to the healing repertoire.

1 Like

Sorry, but I’ve played Holy Paladin for 15 years. This melee healing garbage has only been a thing for a couple of expansions.

It’s really quite awful for PvP.

3 Likes

Holy Power for Holy during Mists of Pandaria was the time I enjoyed the spec the most. I had single target and area effect healing spells that were very effective.

1 Like

I think it’s awful blizzard took this long to make holy into a melee type healer. Makes no sense for a plate wearing class with melee abilities to hide in the backlines casting.

1 Like

I would hope and pray they changed Holy’s mastery. Or at the very least make it where it effects targets near the paladin and your beacon.

What’s with all the crybabies in this thread? People wanted a cleric class for years and that’s basically what holy paladins are now. Complaining that you need to be in melee range to heal just means you want the spec to be another mindless bar watcher. Just reroll if you can’t handle fun.