Is anyone else having issues with stealthing?

When I’m not in combat, or around anything that can take me out of stealth, I will come out of stealth for some reason. Is anyone else experiencing this?
No, I’m not hitting the stealth button twice or anything like that.
When I stealth, about 80% of the time, it will un-stealth me 1-3 seconds after.
Sometimes it will happen a few times in a row until it finally decides to stick.
I’ve logged out/in and it still does it, even when I play on a different computer.
It only started happening a few days ago o.O

I’m not really upset about it, just wondering if it’s a glitch or if I’m missing something.

There have been various bugs that cause this throughout wows entire history

1 Like

Most recently, you might have seen this in the area of a kill objective world quest in Nazjatar.

1 Like

Also…if you have any type of de-buff ie: poisons etc, each tic will cause you to come out of stealth until it’s gone.

Yes Yes I know, 4 days later…

Playing Classic WoW now since Launch and LOL it works perfect, stealth never RNG breaks like that. Feels good man!

The “Stealth bug” has been around since Prepatch 6.0, and blizzard has never admitted to it, nor do I think they will ever fix it because Blizzard hates rogues.

2 Likes

Legit can’t tell you how many times I do bgs, Vanish and have stealth break even though im in Guantanamo Bay. No bleeds, no aoe, just vibing to just have my stealth break for the luls. Bad game is bad.

4 Likes

back in wod, something to with frost nova, (not it hitting you) could cause stealth failure, I remember cold snap also having something to do with it, and regulatory abused the big in wod and legion to screw enemy rogues. I think you needed nova to proc something, and snap could also do the same, it’s been so long and I just didn’t care about wod.

Druids and paladin could do the same, most didn’t know they could just that the bug was kinda obscure and really if you didn’t also play a rogue you would never know.

In legion it got worse, it wouldn’t surprise me if Blizzard doesn’t care and the same sorts of area auras are causing stealth to fail because their code is really terrible.

The reason they don’t care, well look at the rogue forum, there are very few active rogues left.

1 Like