Is Alliance really that bad at PvP?

Don’t worry

The Vulpera are coming and if they can draw off enough Alliance to the Horde, things may improve.

This doesn’t happen while leveling.

and in a smaller sect of the max level area. People just read the extremist forum posts and take it as the norm.

1 Like

So I am a casual pvp-er (is that a thing?). I do random battlegrounds for fun sometimes, and Korrak was a GREAT place to practice your character and get hella xp just for standing there, so I spent the last week with my lvl 20-80 alts there.

I made a DH on horde on my server… I’ve never played a horde char besides the starting zones to try them out, and I was EXTREMELY surprised at how different the experience was.

This is purely anecdotal evidence about what it was like for me this week (I’m on Blackhand) but in every ally match, the chat was toxic. My ignore list grew 3 sizes this week. There were always a handful of people who thought they were in charge and screamed at everyone for not doing what they wanted, and pissing contests between who can be louder and use more slurs in chat. It was a mess. There was no real sense of coordination or cohesion, new players were ripped to shred for asking simple questions… it was a whole mess.

I was expecting the same on horde. What I found instead was calm, polite, encouraging?? teamwork??

No one barked orders or threw fits. People were open to suggestions and communicated. It was very wholesome and I am still slightly stunned.

Were there one or two awful people? Of course. But the overall vibe was very like “we’re in this together” and less “OKAY YOU IDIOTS STOP SUCKING”

I wanna say this was just some rare and special good group I was in, but like I said I’ve been doing this all week and so far the difference has been consistent.

Sorry this is long lol. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

TL;DR - ally are rude to each other and fight amongst their own teammates trying to be The Best whereas horde actually cooperate and have teamwork and positivity, at least this week on servers queueing with Blackhand.

5 Likes

I can completely agree, always winning with no loses is boring just as all losing with no wins can be disheartening for all involved. Its why I hope to see a balance more between both sides.

I love those battles were both sides are evenly matched and its a tug of war. To lose one of those matches is vastly better because the winner struggled just as hard to claim victory.

2 Likes

Yeah, this toon was originally a NE on Blackhand too. PVP has always been that bad as alliance, I switched to Horde years ago.

Ally can win Korrak’s too, we merced it last night for fun and won.

2 Likes

Yes, dude Alliance is very bad in pvp. Don’t join our faction.

We will eat you alive.

There is one thing: ganking them in the cities. 8.0 was the last straw, and for 2 patches I paid back the Alliance with compounding interest. This is the sales pitch of my guild: I, we, HATE the Alliance. I mained Alliance for 14 years and I hate everything about them in PvP, and PvE may not be any rosier.

But this is why: attitude. The Alliance’s attitude SUCKS. Nowadays I’m more than happy to put them in their place, more so than to just butt heads vs. the Horde.

How are you gunna make a claim like that but not post on the character you’re playing on? Your stats say the only PvP you’ve done is 1 Korrak. If you’re going to throw out a percentage at least back it up. Your honor level is 3 which also means you haven’t been playing the last 2+ years. That kinda also means you haven’t been strictly PvPing either. Just a bunch of mixed up lies in your post.

2 Likes

In my experience, it’s the same either faction, last data i actually looked at, which was some point in legion it was like 47/53% horde favor.

but it’s all premades and carries either side, if you have a good well geared dps and healer you can typically carry the team. this is true for either faction.

just play what you like, adapt, overcome.

I play alliance because whatever losses i incur are far less penalizing, I didn’t wait 15 minutes in queue to lose and get half the honor, while on alliance a loss is roughly the same honor as a horde win and i only waited a minute at most and can get right back in the action.

I have noticed this myself. Alliance seems to bicker more and in general just over all worst attitudes.
I took a pvp break to grind out pathfinder and work on Vulpera stuff, and came came back to pvp for the anniversary event.
I already have the mount, so now just leveling through it.
I have been playing since the event started.
Alliance have won 3 that I have been in.
I did several last night as alliance.
Went from 113 to 120. Alliance won once.
I noticed over all, alliance damage was lower, like way lower than horde of the same classes.
Wonder why that is.
Still having fun though despite the constant losses on alliance side.
The exp is good, and it’s still a fun event that needs expanded to all Bg’s.
It’s neat seeing anyone from level 10 to level 120, exp on, exp off, all able to queue.

2 Likes

Where do I find these horde ?

1 Like

We run AV nightly. Groups are listed when we do em.

Korrak is great xp, even if you lose badly every time. Which, if you’re Alliance, you will. Do enough of them and you get the mount. Actually you get both mounts if you play both factions.

You wanted PvP? Too bad, it sucks.

LOL.

I was in one where Horde went off somewhere to do something. I kept reporting on how our base was filling up with Alliance, and people kept telling me to shut up. Nobody came to help and we lost fast.

1 Like

Kind of want to do a research survey on this… do like 100 random bgs on both horde and alliance and see if there are patterns lol.

Consider this situation I saw last night:

Was in a 2-3 hour AV yesterday where in the first 20-30 minutes horde almost stomped us over the bridge and nearly destroyed our towers. We had enough hell yeah Alliance types though that we threw ourselves into harms way and took back the bunkers at all costs.

We had 3-4 people guarding them, our team working together to take out healers and protect our own, posting tons of traps and flares to check every crevice for stealthies. The horde were very coordinated, we were constantly trying to hold back rogue and druid teams. In the end we struggled to a loss, but we back capped and pressed quite a ways to their main base, and desperately trying to backcap to the last second. It was brutal as hell. The patriotism was there in full view, and we were determined to give the horde trouble to the last moments. Many horde had come and gone, but most our original team, battered to pieces still fought on.

It’s not that all alliance players are bad. There are/were tons of great alliance players, but many continually decide to just say enough’s enough and switch factions. Those are the ones that play to win, the ones often that prefer stats/racials over factions. I can’t blame them.

Sure people whine and moan when losing, but what you are left with are the players who absolutely prefer alliance. They may be mediocre skilled, some outright terrible. Morale may suffer consistently at impending losses - but I’ve found a lot of awesome companions that fight on despite the odds.

Part of it might be RP servers too, tons of people that will to the end show loyalty and go against the odds. I really enjoy that FOR THE ALLIANCE attitude people can show in so many uphill battles.

Probably horde merc :sweat_smile:

You should question the loyalty of any horde that sticks around through that…they might be a closet alliance. :wink:

Horde typically fight to the end… zurg zurg . Conditioned due to the huge wait times we have .

4 Likes