Is Alliance really that bad at PvP?

Not that majority of the horde teams zerg now but since they buffed the tower NPC’s, the zerg strategy is dead for both factions . Obviously that hurts the alliance more as the zerg was their primary go to win strat .

Speaking of NPC’s… the ones in the classic one really packs a punch and 1 -2 shot you . Huge difference from modern AV. No taking GY’s solo in the old school one.

Truth be told, it’s not aaaaaaalways super fun to be on the winning side. Some of my favourite memories in AV were when both sides were really working for it and the fight went back and forth.

Unless you’re grinding out honour or just wanna punish Alliance scum, the quality of AV game you get as horde these days isn’t terribly engaging. At least for me, on those times where I’ve gotten frustrated as Alliance and queued on my Horde character :slight_smile:

Very much so! I actually like this and wish they’d put it into the modern AV. Though I can still cheese it on my Druid with mass entangle :smiley:

It builds character.

The incredible popularity of the old school AV should tell Blizz something about what the player base likes. They should award gear to the victors . That’s the only thing I would change .

Looking at my win/loss ratio it seems Alliance are fairly equal in most BGs. Horde have done better in some than others, but overall Alliance have won about 50% od the BGs I’ve run.

Depends too…i’ve found that it swings into alliances favour when it comes to the weekend…solo it’s an absolute mess…when i roll my healers i tend to win more but my suggestion is to run with friends or a premade. I ran with good group on my rdruid and we won like 11 in a row.

Normally this is a thing I would agree with, though perhaps not for the event. I think it’s good to just have everybody get in there playing, so throwing awards around will give most folks incentive. Lets all just have some fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

On my alliance character I lose the extreme majority of my my games and on my horde character I mostly win though I do often times have bad nights, though I don’t play THAT much on either because I hate the guaranteed losses on alliance and I hate the long queues on horde.

I’ll say it again and again. I think the solution is just randomly split up everyone that queues onto random sides like call of duty or any other multiplayer game does when you click matchmaking.
jumbling everyone up every game for bgs fixes utterly every problem. it fixes faction imbalance both real and perceived. it helps with worries of map imbalance. it normalizes queue times, it will probably even get more people queuing on alliance when they feel it’s not a guaranteed loss to hit that find match button as well as more people on horde queuing if they know it’s not a 15 minute queue at least every time.

Alliance mostly losing and the long horde queues have been steadily killing bg enthusiasm on both sides. Just make it random and even if the current game is a stomp you at least know the next game might be different, unlike now where you know the next will be a stomp, and the next and the next.

5 Likes

This is why I’m sticking to classic. Retail players don’t know the meaning of fun. Everything is about rewards more than fun.

1 Like

Generally speaking I don’t either anymore, unless I’m in a group where some fun can be had either way.

Solo queuing alliance epic BGs feels too much like a waste of time. I would rather horde queues just go higher.

For horde who might get mad at my saying that, you can always merc.

I’ve noticed this too. Not sure if it’s because more of the smarter alliance have time to queue on the weekends, while more of the dumber horde are queuing? 'Tis a mystery for sure. :smile:

[edit] Just wanted to clarify I consider “swinging in alliance’s favor” to be “alliance win approximately 10-20% more of the time than usual.” (lol)

1 Like

The hardworking people that make up the Alliance have more time to play on the weekends and put the deadbeat, bandwagon Horde in their place. Horde savages lack the sophistication to understand this, mind you; so trying to convince them is a waste of time.

Its the psychology of the situation; prissy, dainty people who care more about breaking a nail are attracted to Alliance.
On the other side, psychopathic, deplorable, and overall bloodthirsty mongrells play Horde.

Society owes WOW a huge thank you for keeping both types of people off our streets, as both are equally awful in their own way.

2 Likes

I have said in another thread somewhere, not that I can remember where anymore, but the reason for the trash alliance epic peeveepee is really quite simple.

Linear versus situational progression.

Horde dictate AV and Ashran with simple linear strats that if followed will result in 90% win rates (of course the odd games v lead alliance teams are an exception).

Linear strats are mindless and require little or no coordination other than run here run there run there - win (IBT choke/ songflowers / haste buff). Then follow the linear progression to the end.

WG is heavily defence orientated so favours no faction. - Perfect factional lottery.

IOC actually favours the alliance, but only if healer numbers are favourable or at least equal for the hangar fight.

Coordinating 40 random bots/people is the answer to defeating linear strats, and I have seem many examples in Ashran.

If gear enables 2 WM drek kills again then AV will favour ally as it once again becomes a linear strat for them.

Anyway cant be bothered typing anymore, what do I know?

For the most part, unfortunately, it’s the same general set of people playing classic that are, or have, been playing retail. It’s human nature and it’s not new, though it does definitely feel like a shift. Maybe it’s just those “damn kids these days” and we’re just old now :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, my classic server is now full of tanks who won’t run dungeons unless they’re paid, or given all the greens that drop, etc…

Alliance is abysmally bad at PvP. You’re more likely to win in the middle of the day vs. the evening, but good luck if you have a 9-5. Blizz has let it go on since the dawn of time, so anyone who cares about PvP has swapped factions. We got a brief respite in WoD before being swiftly nerfed into the ground because horde had to experience what we’ve been dealing with for the entire life of the game and it didn’t feel too good.

5 Likes

At least arcane torrent FINALLY got the nerf bat after 11 years. It was annoying that Horde had an aoe stun but that was a 0.5 second cast that triggered stun DR. But torrent was essentially an extra interrupt vs casters that could make a massive difference. The blanket silence was also frustrating even if it was only 1-2 seconds.

I hope the nerf wasn’t 100% because of M+ like it’s talked up to be. Cause IMO it was always too strong in pvp.

Ya sure where you have to beg to get a group to run a full dungeon because ppl want to just do couple of bosses. Tanks who want to get paid, Mages who want to get paid, rogues who want to get paid … sure play for fun alright !!

1 Like

Lol /10 chars

O yeah? I dont see that.