Is Against Overwhelming Odds removed?

Agreed completely.

3 Likes

My warmode has been off the entire expansion. I don’t like pvp in wow. Never have, probably never will.

So I’m with you, idc what the incentives are. I’m just sick of all the gloating/crying.

“Waah waah I was ganked”
“Hey faction look at my advantage”
“Mmm yummy tears”
“Waah waah I want loot”

Just shut up already…

15 Likes

There still is a quest to Kill 10 of the opposing faction for PvP rewards (conquest points which gets you gear when you cap out the bar, honor points, and a chest for random stuff). That’s plenty reason to PvP, along with getting more conquest for assault WQs, and random PvP for the funsies along the way during those and regular WQ. Small encounter PvP is much more fun than raid zerging people anyway.

Edit: In the interest of getting more Alliance to participate, here’s more details on how to get gear each week via PvP. You can get more than just your 385 item! You can get an additional 385, or two items if you cap the bar during this week.

To clarify, you can cap the bar at any point (you can take weeks if you really want) and still get the reward - and you’re given a choice so you can get stats you need. You then progress onto the next reward on the list. If you cap it each week, then you gain an additional reward chest similar to the Mythic+ chest.

This link details what you get:

3 Likes

The question is, IF this reduction in bribery has an influx of Alliance players headed off to Stormwind to turn WM off again (which it probably will), will the developers then admit that Warmode is a total failure (as one faction will only do it if they get bribed) and/or will they bring the bribes back … or escalate them?

And please Alliance: get off the high horse. You have proven you can show up in numbers to make Warmode a thing … but you’ll only do it if Daddy Ion gives you a prezzie. You could have done it on day 1. But you didn’t. And now you’ll go back to turning it off and saying it’s all Horde’s fault.

The constant victim mentality is exhausting. Get off the cross. Someone needs the wood.

16 Likes

I am confused at reset i picked this quest up on 3 of my alliance 120’s it giving a reward of 385. Then cant pick it up on my other two now. Does this mean i can do this quest since i was fast at picking it up?

2 Likes

Think when you log back in the quest will be gone

2 Likes

Well even if it is gone atleast WM Assaults still give conquest so that is something. If the numbers are manageable enough to make it even possible to do. Hopefully they are it is a fun way to get conquest.

3 Likes

Because he’s lying and it’s all about the gear.

3 Likes

The Best part is so many alliance players thing the horde will just magically turn it back on but most have finally realized the 10% reward isn’t even worth it and now that they have spent some time with warmode off and seen how much time it saves I don’t think the alliance will be getting the 30% buff back for quite some time. And if that 385 reward is still there I expect the alliance will actually outnumber the horde soon and flip the rewards

4 Likes

I never had Warmode on until this past Friday and I’ve been having a blast. The numbers are there, so it wasn’t like the Alliance simply didn’t have enough bodies to throw their weight around in Warmode. The demographic differences are definitely apparent though, as the Horde playerbase seems to just have more people that will engage in wPvP without extra bribes.

Granted, there were (and still are) plenty of Horde folks who were only in it for a free bonus and threw in the towel the moment things got a little rough, but despite the surge of Alliance, I found that Horde presence in the world was still pretty noticeable. Alliance seemed to have more people in centralized locations while the Horde has more that will have it on and just do open world stuff.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we be rewarded for this? Not punished? Especially considering this is WARmode.

2 Likes

The odds aren’t overwhelming anymore so why the quest?

2 Likes

They kinda opened a can of worms by having reward % increases from the start, as I’m of the opinion that there shouldn’t have been any incentives (aside from specific WM achievements I suppose) for either faction from the start. There should just be a general understanding that entering WM brings the addition of spontaneous wPvP with the potential drawback of taking longer to get stuff done.

It’s a welfare quest that shouldn’t be in the game. That quest needs to be removed full stop.

8 Likes

I have to admit, I was in it for the gear.

The AOO quest didn’t even get my attention until ilvl 400 gear was part of the reward. If that is not the case, my attention will be elsewhere.

Let’s see if this yo yo goes back up again…

2 Likes

What i dont understand is why they dont just give the quest to both sides. Both sides would have to have warmode on to do it so wouldnt that increase the numbers?

6 Likes

I don’t get it. You guys should be glad that the buff is lower now because that means there are more alliance players playing with war mode on, no? Faction imbalance is taking care of itself. That was the whole point of the buff in the first place, no?

3 Likes

I have not been able to log in lately but I hope the quest comes back. I never turned warmode on as there was no incentive for me as a 120 to have it on. I was Horde and transferred to Alliance for the free loot and also to be able to make a dark iron dwarf immediately. I say Warmode was so much fun while it was enabled. I was slaughtered, we slaughtered, it was back and forth. But I cannot see myself using it everyday without a reward tied to it. It would be in inconvience having it on just to do world quests in the small amount of time I have to do them. It is just one of those things I will probably do every few days or so and then stop. They will need to give both sides more incentives to have this on, more than what is already available.

370 is beyond useless.

1 Like

It means more last week. Most will turn it off today.