Is 5120 x 1440p Supported?

April 22, Samsung will release CRG 9 which will be a 5120 x 1440p I just want to know if it will be fully supported before I purchase it. Or if anyone knows if it will be supported?

Don’t see why not, wow has worked with things like eyefinity and this is on a super ultrawide:

Resolution is up to the display adapter and almost nothing with the application (game) itself.

Depends on the game. Many games DO NOT support 21:9

Overwatch doesn’t actually support it is a major one off the top of my head (they trick you into thinking it, but you actually lose 30% of what you could see at 16:9)

Ironically it’s modern games that have issues with it… older games are much more fluid with their resolutions.

My UW monitor has actually become more and more frustrating over the years and I’m probably going to ditch it for 16:9 1440p monitor soon.

I thought that was because the devs thought that true 21:9 gives an unfair advantage. So it’s more a ‘balance’ issue than a technical issue.

It’s a false balance issue, 144hz gives more advantage in that game then the view angle (and outside of tourneys, CS:GO and other competitive FPS have true 21:9 support)

It’s mostly, though, the fact that they SAY there is 21:9 support but it’s actually detrimental to use it, like, if you use 21:9 mode in OW you’re a hindrance to your team, you’re seeing 30% less then what they see.

Get a 4k 43 inch monitor

Never will let you down :grinning:

I played at 7680x1440 (3 1440p monitors in surround) back in MoP and didn’t have any problems (aside from FPS).

Can’t think of any reason your resolution wouldn’t work.

Okay!! Thank you guys for your time and answers. I’ll be getting it and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.