Ironforge.pro data: Classic population dropped 24k (-6.5%) in one week

as devils advocate, as im sure anyone who’s ever downloaded something on curseforge knows, if you go to download an addon the download page appears with a 5s countdown and a bypass link… and if you click the link without closing the page fast enough, you end up downloading the addon twice. happens to me all. the. time.

Not to mention that a lot of raid leaders tell their raid to ‘update addons before raid’ and im sure plenty of NPC raid members (we all know some) immediately go and download the exact same version they’re already using.

1 Like

Yeah, and I’m sure it was like that back in 2015 when addon downloads were similar to the numbers we’re seeing now.

Subs were at 5.5 million around that time. We’re probably at 4.5~ without including TBC players.

Why are you guys arguing over numbers? blizzard doesn’t release population numbers anymore. No addon measurement tool is even accurate. All we can do is guess.

That is very, very unlikely given what scans of the armory show. I do think most of the remaining playerbase are much more hardcore than what it used to be. For example, that stat about only 10% see endgame is probably not true anymore.

Could you link where you get that number and how they count?

Or you get all the gear (not hard to do for many classes) and try to get your alt in that kara run as well. I think people are waiting for the real raids to come out though. If the come out before October it will be fine. Not sure why you all are so anxious!

Because people are bitter and want Blizzard and WoW to fail.

Honestly, if WoW was just 1 server made up of 100 people, I’d still play the game. Most of the folks who make these threads seem to think that WoW is failing if it’s not trending or if it doesn’t have X number of subs.

1 Like

July 2015 (middle of WoD) Full releases are tagged R with a green box:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/deadly-boss-mods/files/all?filter-game-version=2020709689:576&page=13

Current numbers:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/deadly-boss-mods/files

Its failing, if in true capitalist tradition, its not growing.

Well, WoW isnt even ‘stable’. Unlike many other entertainment options, WoW actually declined. During a pandemic when people were trapped at home.

People found a better option.

That, is failing.

1 Like

I don’t play this game depending whether or not it’s economically savvy to do so.

People who are not me have chosen to pursue things that I have chosen not to pursue.

“Better” is a matter of perspective.

No, it’s a trend. Not everyone follows nor wants to follow trends simply because they’re trends.

1 Like

Sure dude. You’ve already said you would play it as one of the last 100 players on a server, your perspective is noted.

The rest of us would know its a dead game.

1 Like

Except for the people still playing it. :wink:

1 Like

Dead. Which is where this ones heading, where those ‘forever Classics’ stayed.

Dead.

1 Like

Is there an echo in here?

It’s not just that it’s a better game

Now imagine youre still playing for pve. There’s only 100 players so 4 raids of 25.

Oops, 5 people quit, now you have 95. Best you can do is 4 raids without 25 and one as low as 23. OR you can tell 20 people to get lost, try again next week.

Thats whats happening to guilds everywhere. Guilds are trying to maintain a balance, not overrecruit & force people to sit the bench, while trying to hold onto a steady 25 people to raid sufficiently. This is especially important because the first reasonably demanding raid content is coming out where you need 25 reliable members without pugs if you want to have any chance the first month. Yet the game is shedding players, all around, and it only takes 2-3 people quitting to throw a guild into disarray.

So while you think its funny to say “hehe i would still play if it was only 100 players. Would be perfectly happy if phase 2 comes out next year” You’re spitting in the faces of all the people that want to play but are having their social groups torn apart, and in the faces of all the guild officers desperately trying to hold things together.

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but phase two isn’t going to save your guild from attrition. Raid logging will still be common place. Many casual/mediocre guilds will fall apart as they run into the wall that is tidewalker, vash and KT. Most guilds are not prepared for these encounter.

Yeah, all I hear is ‘I’d play a dead game.’

1 Like

You can stop copy pasting that paragraph like a forum bot. We get it. Your crystal ball is talking to you.

Echo…echo…echo…

This would give us 6-8more hours of content every week vs the 45 mins it is today.

1 Like