Ironforge Portal Please

How about a portal to Ironforge in SW (and a portal to Thunder Bluff in Org). Seems like a blatant oversight, especially where there are portals to the Exodar/Silvermoon.

I like Ironforge, but it’s odd that there’s no portal.

There’s a tram, that’s why there’s no portal.

7 Likes

The tram sucks.

2 Likes

Go to Boralus and take the portal to Ironforge.

6 Likes

After this expac all the portals will be removed except SW and Naz, just like Dalaran.

1 Like

So? Use the tram.

2 Likes

There’s a portal to Ironforge in Boralus. Which is annoying since it just limits access to the portal to higher level characters. There’s no reason to not have it in the SW portal room.

4 Likes

And our next capital city is going to be inside the Shadowlands, it won’t make any sense to have a portal to Ironforge there. I wish they’d just backtrack on the stolen portals and put them all back and rebuild the portal rooms to accommodate even more portals.

2 Likes

Which portals were stolen again? I feel like most of the portals we did have, are still here, and we got more portals.

Were you not here when all the Dalaran portals were removed?

I have been, and I wasn’t that bothered by it since they put portals to capital cities in Boralus.

A lot of the portals removed in Dalaran were not replaced. Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Wyrmrest, etc. Caverns of Time was originally not replaced but due to player outcry it was added to the SW/Org portal rooms.

1 Like

They put a Jade Forest portal in the portal room, that’s close enough. Also they removed the capital cities ports in the Shrine hub anyway AFAIK, so why even go there?

Wyrmrest is whatever for me, I guess it made it more convenient to reach the zones in Northrend and specific places, but you can use the Dalaran portal in the portal room. You said “etc” but from what I remember the other 2 were Dalaran Crater (that was for Artifact quests mostly), and the Kara portal, which again, was mostly for Artifact quests.

Caverns of Time we got back and was really the more convenient one to have.

So what’s the problem? Are you that lazy that you need an Ironforge portal in Stormwind?

We’re still missing the portals to the Shrine in Pandaria, Karazhan, Dalaran Crater, and Wyrmrest Temple. The portals to Ironforge and Thunder Bluff should be moved to their respective portal rooms instead of being locked away in Boralus and Dazar’alor.

The Shrines are more centrally located, making it easier to get to different places in Pandaria.

Would putting an Ironforge portal in Stormwind somehow detract from your game? Why do you hate the idea so much?

1 Like

As others noted, SW :left_right_arrow:︎ IF has the tram, and Org :left_right_arrow:︎ TB has a Zeppelin. There’s also flight paths which are faster. Yes, neither is instant but if you’re that pressed for time you can always just flag down one of the many mages standing around in the Trade District. Alternatively, if travel speed is such a core component of your gameplay you could just roll a mage yourself and teleport all day erryday (make it Dark Iron and an engineer for even more portals!).

1 Like

I’ve already said my bit on those.

With how close Ironforge and Thunderbluff are, probably not needed.

You save maybe a couple of minutes at best. I’m not for time played metrics but for a mere couple minutes it’s not a big deal.

It wouldn’t detract, and it’s not my game. I just think that’s being really lazy.

Here’s my idea though. Put the Ironforge portal tucked somewhere in the tram close to the entrance when you enter from Stormwind, and keep the tram also so people have options.

Then why are the portals in Boralus and Dazar’alor? Why can’t they be moved to SW/Org?

A couple minutes every time you go there on every character. It adds up pretty quickly.

Why do you have to call it “being really lazy”? What do you have against these portals being put in a central location? Why even have the portal room if they’re going to keep splintering portals?

I love the tram! Would be great to see more variety in transport like this.

2 Likes

Convenience is good, but like all things, in moderation. Too much of it is just as bad as not enough.

The tram is one of the few flavorful things left that makes the game not feel like just a series of corridors and loading screens.

Appreciate that.

Edit: I love your movies.

2 Likes