Iron Starlette hitting through Blinding Poison?

I was playing some pet battles and I got placed against a newer player who tried the wind-up and supercharge combo. I can see it coming from a mile away so I juke it with blinding poison, but for some reason it hit

They had no hit chance modifier on either time I used it. I double checked supercharge, it just increases damage and Blinding Poison reduces hit chance by 100%.

So what’s going on? (I recall a bug long ago that if you reduced hit below 100% it could hit, so like Blinding Poison + Darkness. But that was patched and it wasn’t that case here).

Pictures of the event. I had to clip them together in paint for viewability.
`https://i.imgur.com/wz35eNx.jpg

2 Likes

Did some experimenting with a friend and Darkness does mess with Poison.

Re-created your situation, Starlette opponent does a Wind-up, and next round a Supercharge. On next round I’m faster and I apply a Blinding Poison.

Went through this twice and both times Starlette misses. But tried again with Darkess as the weather and Wind-up hit and killed me. No apparent reason why this would work that way and now wondering if other pet abilities besides Call Darkness would do this.

2 Likes

Crazy part is Darkness wasn’t up for either scenario. I’m familiar with the negative hit chance bug, though it was fixed at one point. Clearly not any longer.

Thank you for testing this.

1 Like