Ion: "We hear you!" Class Design Being Fixed in 9.0?

It would be nice if they “heard us” during the BfA beta when huge amounts of people made these complaints in great detail, gave them suggestions on how to fix it, but they just ignored it. Getting around to fixing it for 9.0 just feels too late.

117 Likes

More interesting abilities would be nice, but only if they get rid of this GCD infatuation they had in this expansion. Honestly, that’s what hurt a lot of classes out of the gate.

40 Likes

Yeah, I’d love if they “heard us” during the beta too, but that’s the past, and we can’t necessarily turn back time.

I hope this is a lesson for the future of how to not do class design. Yeah, it’s been bad, but not this bad.

They have a surviving chance if they turn the ship around next expansion. They’re THE MMO, and they have a reputation that they can use to get players back. They did it before after WoD. Let’s see if they can do it again!

1 Like

Video was indeed interesting from 9 min + (after 8.2 content).
Currently watching it.

But for me it’s simple, I’ll play the game when it’s gonna be worth my time.
I disagree with some of his points, so I don’t know if I can really hope the game to become that much better for me. I disagree with his solutions and to what he consider problems.

8 Likes

I agree with you.

I hate their philosophy behind catch-up content especially. Kul Tiras and Zandalar won’t matter anymore in 8.2, and neither will any of the old raids. They spent months making these zones, and… welp… we won’t be in them anymore.

5 Likes

One of the point he brings is that getting essence system should replace gear progression. I really don’t feel that one.

10 Likes

Yeah, I hate how they design for 99% of the game to be obsolete, leading to content drought, rather than designing a more holistic system that will allow players to enjoy a wider range of content without feeling like they’re gimping themselves or wasting their time.

26 Likes

I just hope this is all a big lesson to them to not ignore player feedback. This whole expansion just feels like a huge bust because they ignored the mass amounts of player feedback on class design, allied races, flying, Heart of Azeroth, etc, in the beta.

27 Likes

I guess Essences are supposed to “save” the Heart of Azeroth, and I’m glad they’re trying, but since the Heart of Azeroth is inherently flawed I’m concerned about how effective it’s really gonna be.

I love what he said about class design.

If they actually bring Alter Time back I’ll cry tears of joy.

13 Likes

Alter Time was such an immersive spell. I hope they bring back Deep Freeze as well.

13 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

Right? This is why I really want us to go back to the old world in the next expansion. There is SO much potential there. Let’s re-take Gilneas. Let’s uncover Tyr in Lordaeron. Let’s cleanse the Ghostlands and see a restored Eastern Plaguelands. We could even see a restored Felwood and have it incorporated into Hyjal. They should seriously find a way to make all content everywhere relevant again before pulling another continent out of their a**.

18 Likes

To be fair he said 9.0 and future expansions. I hope they start this philosophy in 9.0 but undoing years of pruning won’t get done in a single expansion either. It’ll likely take multiple expansions to fix their mistakes.

2 Likes

For sure. I’m just glad they actually addressed this and shared that they’re actually taking action for the first time since our concerns were voiced.

2 Likes

It’s just a little too late. Yes it was great to see him. Yes his answers were better and he actually talked about subjects we wanted. Now to wait for the results. Yes I’m not an optimist, you can blame BFA and WoD for that.

29 Likes

Yeah, saying and doing are two completely different things.

31 Likes

Yup. We did get an actual answer on it though, which we never got before!

Progress :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll believe it when it goes to live servers. Not a moment sooner, BlIzzard squandered their trust. Ion’s a lawyer-speaking liar.

Remember how they promised to communicate better. Or the year before when they promised to communicate better. Etc etc etc

68 Likes

There is only 2 things I want in this game after 15 years of playing:

Shaman Tanks and (Mecha)Gnome Druids with pet sized models.

2 Likes