Ion: "We hear you!" Class Design Being Fixed in 9.0?

I hope you’re not actually srs ;-;

16 Likes

I’d like the option of having more abilities.

65 Likes

They literally say this every expansion.

163 Likes

To be fair, BFA is the first expansion where class design was absolutely abysmal.

47 Likes

I like the option of useful abilities.

8 Likes

Maybe paladins will get 5 new blessings and 2 more judgements a la wotlk.

9 Likes

I agree with you.

One spell that does 100 damage, or 10 spells that do 10 damage?

Some people just want to feel like they are doing more even if they are doing the same thing.

36 Likes

Quite a few of the legion specs felt pretty hollow until you had your artifact pimped out and proper legos + tier sets. Realistically though there is a class refresh every xpac. Pretty standard practice by blizz.

10 Likes

I like utility abilities tbh. That and situational channeling/powerup/debuff ones.

Holy Priest offer probably my favorite spread of abilities in the game.

10 Likes

Fair enough.

The abilities we have right now (in general) are boring, so how bout they make those fun before they even go on to add more stuff.

I don’t think Blizzard understands quality vs. quantity when it comes to any of their content.

“Ooh, more abilities? Oh, they suck.”
“Ooh, more zones? Oh, they suck.”

5 Likes

Gross. I don’t want ancient history pally back unless it’s resto where they didn’t use mana.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I’m not sayin’ that the class design the past few expansions has been great, but I feel like BFA is really where things fell off a cliff.

Like, MoP class design sucked pretty much because of homogenization, but I think it’s just way worse in BFA than it’s ever been.

But yeah, I agree with you all the way.

1 Like

They don’t need to bring back restrictive Warrior Stances. Bring them back but have them accentuate certain playstyles, not restrict your toolkit. Make them heavily encourage playing in a certain way for the duration that you’re in the stance.

3 Likes

It would be nice if they “heard us” during the BfA beta when huge amounts of people made these complaints in great detail, gave them suggestions on how to fix it, but they just ignored it. Getting around to fixing it for 9.0 just feels too late.

117 Likes

More interesting abilities would be nice, but only if they get rid of this GCD infatuation they had in this expansion. Honestly, that’s what hurt a lot of classes out of the gate.

40 Likes

Yeah, I’d love if they “heard us” during the beta too, but that’s the past, and we can’t necessarily turn back time.

I hope this is a lesson for the future of how to not do class design. Yeah, it’s been bad, but not this bad.

They have a surviving chance if they turn the ship around next expansion. They’re THE MMO, and they have a reputation that they can use to get players back. They did it before after WoD. Let’s see if they can do it again!

1 Like

Video was indeed interesting from 9 min + (after 8.2 content).
Currently watching it.

But for me it’s simple, I’ll play the game when it’s gonna be worth my time.
I disagree with some of his points, so I don’t know if I can really hope the game to become that much better for me. I disagree with his solutions and to what he consider problems.

8 Likes

I agree with you.

I hate their philosophy behind catch-up content especially. Kul Tiras and Zandalar won’t matter anymore in 8.2, and neither will any of the old raids. They spent months making these zones, and… welp… we won’t be in them anymore.

5 Likes

One of the point he brings is that getting essence system should replace gear progression. I really don’t feel that one.

10 Likes

Yeah, I hate how they design for 99% of the game to be obsolete, leading to content drought, rather than designing a more holistic system that will allow players to enjoy a wider range of content without feeling like they’re gimping themselves or wasting their time.

26 Likes