Invulnerable mail and others pew pew items

Invulnerable Mail 1.2 version
554 Armor
Increased Defense +20
Physical Attacks will be harmlessly deflected 5% of the time

Invulnerable Mail 1.7 version
554 Armor
Increased Defense +13
When struck in combat has a 5% chance to make you invulnerable to melee damage for 3 sec. This effect can only occur once every 30 sec.

1.7 patch notes:

• Invulnerable Mail changed to a lower duration effect, but your own melee swings will not interrupt the invulnerability.

The question is: Are You going to nerf the items according to the patches like in vanilla or is there going to be a big “Classic” nerf for these items?

1 Like

Certain items won’t be available until later phases but all items will be pre-nerfed upon arrival.

1 Like

From Itemization in WoW Classic (which is stickied in this forum):

This means that while content will be unlocked progressively to allow for each raid tier to shine, systems such as class design, battleground mechanics, and stats on existing items will all be set to their final 1.12 conditions.

They are going to begin in their latest numerical state. i.e. this one will be nerfed from the outset and have the lower proc. Question was already answered.

1 Like

Thats odd… this is missing the time period where the shield from Invulnerable mail lasted 10 seconds. It was godly back then until they lowered the duration in a patch to 3 seconds and put a cooldown on it. I can still see people referencing that 10 second duration in the old thottbot comments from 2005 on WoWhead though: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12641/invulnerable-mail#comments

I managed to get one of these made for my 60 shaman. This bp looks decent but it really is crazily good. The 5% is really a passive on hit to create a shield that lasts for about 7-10 seconds stopping all melee attacks. If you melee it comes out though. This doesn’t matter though because during this period you can shock for free dmg, lightning bolt, and heal to full health. Overall, worth the 800 or what ever the insane mats cost me total.

and

1st) when this armor procs vs any melee character it essentially turns all your spells into uninterruptible cast spells for 10 seconds (this includes a free first aid if you want to save mana). That means that you can cast yoru large heals recast your totems recast your lightning shield all while invulnerable. the big winner here is the uninterrupted big heal.

Freaking chestpiece was godly during that brief period. That 10 seconds allowed you to stop melee as a shaman and heal and blast people to death with melee impunity. It was so broken, but I wept when it was nerfed.

We are getting 1.12 in all its Glory.

1 Like

I remember farming mats for that on my shaman, just to have nerfed a week later. That made me very sad.

As per the itemization thread, all items will be in their 1.12 state.

Or pre-buffed. Or both!

Do any of you know if this proc wipes agro?

Necro bump.

It would not wipe tables, just cause monsters (i.e. onyxia) to ignore you while invulnerable – then snap back to if you still had aggro once the buff faded. Works the same as invulnerable potions.