Invent the worst change you could make

A fun topic, what would be the worst change you could make to Classic that would either change the game, make people angry, or maybe it’s a change you want but know would hurt the game?

3 Likes

I would add layering, let way too many people on a server, and add cross realm bgs.

23 Likes

Make world buff durations decay while logged out.

It would make the game more vanilla like but I already know enough people will whine on the forums to get it reverted.

5 Likes
  • Layering.
  • No population control.
  • 30 Instance cap per 24 hour period.
  • Release the game in 1.12 state.
  • Watered down version of AV.

Oh wait. . .

7 Likes

instant 60 for 75$

4 Likes

Dispell magic now dispells all buffs. Even Ony and WCB.

2 Likes

Zero punishment for botting.

…wait…

Ugh. This one hurt.

4 Likes

BGs have no player limit. 80 vs 6 in WSG? Good luck

5 Likes
  1. Require 3 people to conjure any conjured item (e.g. healthstone, food, drink, soulstone etc.).
  2. Your pet loses happiness when it takes damage.
  3. Mage portals/teleports have a 1 hour cooldown.
  4. Every item in the game now has a “weight”. You can only carry X amount of weight in your bags based off your class and race.
  5. Races move at different speeds.
  6. Your mount moves slower if you dont feed it.
  7. Your mount can eventually die if you dont feed it.
  8. If you go afk mid-flight you fall off the taxi and arent able to cast any slowing effects for 30 seconds.
  9. Cannibalize restores more or less health depending on the size of the target being eaten.
  10. Races have different diets and will not eat food outside that diet similar to hunter pets. (Tauren are vegetarian and only eat bread etc.).
7 Likes

There’s nothing I could invent that blizzard hasn’t done worse.

6 Likes
  1. Eliminate the talent trees, too confusing and expensive
  2. Remove factions, makes people sad and/or mad
  3. Have a single “newbie” starting area, that way everyone gets the same experience
  4. Remove all racials, because we can’t have nice things without enraging others
  5. Make all warriors carry two shields and no weapons, for obvious reasons
  6. An option to “Right Click” on mages to get Food and water without their consent

I think I am ready for a career at Blizzard!

4 Likes

A feature that auto bans people who whine on Reddit about everything.

Actually that might be a good change…

1 Like

BFA characters and class loot systems and itemization. Literally the worst possible thing ever in wow.

2 Likes

Okay some of these are actually really devious. Great ideas!

1 Like

Global level scaling. Like every other MMO has this now, and i absolutely hate it.

2 Likes

He said bad changes not cool ideas

2 Likes

Make every piece of loot usable by every class. The drama would be delightful.

2 Likes

Get rid of the stupid Gold, Silver, Copper system and just replace it with just gold. Actually would be a good change lol

Elemental Mastery cd removed.

I would eliminate PvP servers.