Invasions causing longer bg ques?

I typically don’t get to play until 11pm est for a few hours. It seems like horde que times are worse than they were a few months ago.

With more alliance turning wm on, I think more are getting their weekly Conquest Points there and then not playing bg’s as much.

15 to 25 min ques did happen for epics, but now that is the low end. This week every night has been closer to 35mins on average for me starting shortly after 11PM EST… The later it gets the longer it gets (which has always been the case) and I’ve sat in Epic BG ques for over an hour from 1am or 2am on.

Well that and more and more people are xfering to horde. It is just a slow snowball effect that will get worse over time.

3 Likes

Mainly the expansion. There is no incentive to play alliance this expansion in pve or pvp. For PvE you get a much larger player base to choose from and better racials. Samething for PvP a much larger player base and better racials. No reason to play the faction that is lacking both and has been lacking both for years. Also with the release of Zandalari trolls that will seal the deal for alliance so no point in really playing alliance at all unless you want to do it for lore or achievement reasons. Other than that you are gimping yourself and giving yourself a major disadvantage in pve and pvp. You also will have a much smoother and easier time following the bandwagon, and believe me it will pay off in the end rolling horde.

I don’t think it’s due to invasions… but I have noticed queues getting longer for epic BGs.

Main problem is no one is playing alliance. When there is no incentive to play a faction that is greatly under tuned for pve and pvp and also has a massive population imbalance for character progression at 120. When 70% of 120s that progress are only playing horde and the other 30% that only progress are playing alliance. This causes massive issues regarding que times and every aspect in the game involving serious pvp or pve. Since high end content is currently only being done by horde do to the alliance being neglected and left behind the best 3-4 expansions. Only solution for this is a blizzard one. Other than that just go play horde and enjoy the game, because the developers have completely ruined the game for anyone wanting to play alliance. The only reason now I could see someone playing alliance would be for lore or story reasons. Other than that youre screwing yourself on game play and receiving an unfair and terrible pve and pvp experience which you did not pay for.

The queues were 5-7 minutes average tonight on horde side for me. One queue was over 9 minutes and one queue was under 2 minutes. I might have played 20 games.

Just go play Horde yourself and leave Alliance to us.

I was thinking about this a little more and… I’m wondering if more alliance are getting their conquest through:

1. arena and RBGs
  2. PvP island expeditions
  3. WM incursions

That said my main guess is people are just bored with the game and not playing as much, which is causing queue fluctuation.

Naw alliance are just getting bored of blizzard not fixing the imbalances so are playing other parts of the game where the racial and population advantages dont cause an overwhelming problem in pvp or pve in those areas.

What’s this overwhelming problem in pvp? If you mean you are losing that’s not due to racials.