Invasion points in Argus

Hey I am a returning player and I bought BFA and was looking forward to unlocking the allied races on alliance side. I am not feeling it with regards to hunter gameplay and don’t wish to go into BFA with it so I’ve reached an impasse with regards to completing the argus storyline. I cannot complete the lesser invasion points (end stage boss gets me every time) and I’ve been trying to find a group or just anyone to help me with these for the last three days to no avail. It doesn’t help that I play during euro hours and did not intend to make friends on this server or with this char.
Is there really no other option but to go to 120 and then go back? Can I unlock the races with just the world quest rep grind or do i absolutely need the You Are Prepared achievement?

Looks like you need that “you are not prepared achieve” I would start BFA and try going back to Argus after a couple levels maybe 112.

1 Like

Unfortunately “You Are Now Prepared” is a requirement of both lightforged, and void elves. You probably wouldn’t need to get all the way to 120 in order to solo the argus invasions, and if you just bought BFA, that means you have a free lvl 110 boost to use as well.

You could use this on another class if you’re not feeling the hunter, and level that a few times in order to unlock the allied races. But be warned, a lot of people (especially new and returning players) feel completely lost on a character once they boost it, especially if they’re not historically familiar with the class.

If it was me, I’d just stick with the hunter, ding a few times (which honestly, doesn’t take very long anyway.), and just keep trying an invasion point after each level to see if it’s doable at that point.

2 Likes

If you have not used your boost, I HIGHLY recommend you make 110 free trial characters of the classes your interested in. I made trial chars of every class before leveling/boosting.
I learned how to play them very quickly

1. Run the short class tutorial on the ship

2. Get your rotation and talents from the popular Icy Veins class guides, there are also you tube guides for every class, Practice on the training dummy on the boat after the tutorial. Test ALL three specs. Almost everyone plays all specs on their characters.

3. Run the 15-20 minute Legion scenario.

If you know you only want to dps and not heal or tank, warlock, mage, or rogue are good alternatives to hunter. These are the classes with 3 dps specs. Having more specs gives you more variety, nerf protection, and less chance of boredom long term.

Lastly, we are getting a new expansion next year usually In the late summer early fall . They generally re-work the classes. So the extra 2 levels you put in hunter now may not be wasted long term. I’m leveling every class to 120.

1 Like

Okay thank you everyone!

If you read the thread “good solo class” a few inches below this thread, we discussed hunters and locks, which are the top 2.

I would also read the thread a little farther down, “Corrupting my GF”, which has detailed BM hunter info.