Introducing Party Sync

lol I find it hilarious that you think this would be equivilent to removing levels from the game yet are also looking forward to a version of the game with literally less levels in the game.

Could you PLEASE explain to me how you feel this would be “removing levels”?

11 Likes

I don’t waste time with people who compulsively use the word “literally” every time they say anything.

Wait wait wait… is all of that true?! Or is this some wishful thinking post of things we’ve been wanting?

1 Like

this still doesnt solve the issue of power gains while lvling you still hit mobs that are the same lvl as you for the same % ammount as you did 50 lvls previously you should be able to see your power gains through playing not just through artificial gains like Item LVL

3 Likes

No doubt party sync will be a buggy mess at first. I think they’ll use 8.2.5 and the remainder of BFA as a test bed, and line up Party Sync as a main feature in 9.0.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-2-5-ptr-development-notes/237019

Knowing blizzard they’ll just screw it up in some way and it won’t work nearly as well as we think.

4 Likes

OMG I think I just peed in excitement. We’ve been asking for such things for years!

snoopydance

3 Likes

lol you also don’t waste time thinking about what you’re saying before you say it.

I’m sorry blizzard is adding a feature to make old content somewhat more relevant, and open for new players to play with friends at max level. I’m so so sorry blizzard has done this personally to insult you. I’m so very sorry you must be heartbroken. I’m sure blizzard will also appreciate your criticism, and will halt the production of Classic as seeing it would basically be literally removing levels from retail :’(

3 Likes

Surely the issue caused by introducing scaling will be fixed by even more scaling.

1 Like

And you absolutely beat me to posting that, so I’ll just quote you instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep that’s blizz for you lets double down on systems that erode the feeling of accomplishment in our game.

1 Like

lol in what way does this do that at all ahahaha you genuinely either don’t understand the concept or you do and are looking to be angry at anything you can find.

2 Likes

That was my reaction too. Are they going to just eliminate leveling for some other system?

1 Like

or you just didn’t read what i was replying to, they are doubling down on a scaling system that was flawed from the beginning

1 Like

This will be something that takes a few expansions to work the glitches out. lol

PLEASE tell me the flaws you see in zone scaling and how those flaws apply to this new feature. I would LOVE to get some clarification.

2 Likes

There wouldn’t be any “rage” if this was made an option.

If it means the raid could never again be farmed for transmog or rep unless you were able to put together a 40 man raid, well yes. Outrage at having that content essentially removed from ever being played again by normal players would be justifiable.

Why is it so many people take delight in the idea of making the overwhelming majority of content in the game inaccessible just to annoy people?

3 Likes

If it means the raid could never again be farmed for transmog or rep unless you were able to put together a 40 man raid

I don’t see how this could even be possibly implied by the update text. It says scales down when with a low level party member.

This allows lower-level players to queue for content in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance.

Why is it so many people take delight in the idea of making the overwhelming majority of content in the game inaccessible just to annoy people?

You’re saying this after criticizing a system that makes content more accessible

2 Likes

Will be great to be able to help my wife with her quests and not be in a different phase where I can’t do anything. SWTOR had this years ago. About time.