Intervene Macro

Hey I’m looking for a macro that will Intervene my mouseover target first, and if I don’t have one then either my target if it’s friendly or target of target if I’m targeting an enemy (which I think is the default logic of Intervene), I just want it to prioritize my mouseover basically if i have one.

I had* something similar to this for Reverse Harm on monk (they changed it back to self-healing only in slands though :frowning:) but it doesn’t work for Intervene the way I have it.

Thanks in advance.

showtooltip Charge
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead]Intervene;Intervene
/cast [target=target,harm,exists,nodead]Charge;Charge

21 Likes

Nice I didn’t even think to do a Charge one thanks for both!

1 Like

I think you can shorten that with @mouseover

@cursor

I don’t recommend that. The macro Derez gave will allow the spell to cast even if the target isn’t being moused over. Sometimes you want to charge the mouse over target and sometimes you just want to charge who you’re tabbed on to.

But shouldn’t @mo, exists, nodead still do that?

Macro programming is still new to me so maybe. But better safe than sorry. Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

This was mine. I can’t be bothered with mouseovers or with the finnicky targeting, but still trying to figure out if this is worth keeping as is or not.

#showtooltip Charge
/Cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [nomod] Charge; [mod:shift,@focus] Intervene; /targetlasttarget; [mod:alt,@targettarget] Intervene; /targetlasttarget

/cast [help] intervene; charge

also works

lots of good macros on this vid (no affiliation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRTyb_Ns_pA

2 Likes

tested, they should both work

I tried and didnt like any of the macros posted here.

This one works best.

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,exists,harm] Charge;[@mouseover,exists,help] Intervene; [harm] Charge; Intervene

7 Likes

I use:

#Showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,help] Intervene; Charge
/use Hamstring

If you’re inside Charge minimum range with no friendly mouse over you Hamstring your target when pressed.

2 Likes

This is the most helpful post i’ve seen on the forum in months. Thanks @Derez!

1 Like

#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [exists, nodead, harm] Charge
/cast [@mouseover, exists, help, nodead] Intervene
/cast Hamstring

2 Likes

deleted by op