Intertesting video about GPU's over the years

I wonder what WoW users would look like.

1 Like

2012-2014 lots of OEM pc’s playing minecraft with integrated intel graphics

Kind of sad to see how hard the 1050ti is pushed for that it’s second

the 1060 is a decent card but dang…

Laptops 10 chars

1 Like

The fact gtx 1050ti sells so well when Rx 570 is still in the market just proves the fact that high end cards sell the low end cards. When people see the Gtx 1080ti and the rtx 2080ti, they already know they want an Nvidia card.

1060 3/6gb is still a better card to have then a 1050ti.

The RX 570 can beat a gtx 1060

back then the 1060 would have easily beat the rx 570

but AMD cards tend to age well over time

but yet average joes still go for Nvidia without question, is what Conquistador meant

1 Like

Talking price wise, you can find the rx 570 bundled with games, and cheaper than the 1050ti. Rx 570 competes with the gtx 1060 3gb in performance.

actually…

watch it and be amazed of AMD’s Finewine :sunglasses:

1 Like

To be fair, the GTX 1050 TI is one of the best cards(unless I’m forgetting one) you can get that runs exclusively off motherboard power. That may be a slight factor for the general consumer. The GTX 750 TI briefly hit the top in that video, which also features similarity in regards to power/no external power(I can’t recall, but I think that depended model by model?).

(I sent this as a reply to You by accident, I meant to make it a reply to Conqistador)

Yeah, this is a thing. Lots of refurbished office PCs with i5-3470s and 1050 TI’s.

1 Like

Yup, it’s not very uncommon to see things like the 1050 TI/GTX 750 TI mentioned if you search up responses/videos online looking for the best card for a lower power pre-built.

It’s a cheap way to get into PC gaming, usually those ivybridge i5s with 8gb ram, 500gb HDD, and w10 are under $200.

In older games that don’t need a lot of threads, it performs about the same as every level Ryzen.

$200 can be put in a better gaming PC though

4 cores 4 threads doesn’t go far in AAA modern games today

Just before Ryzen launched the 2200g, it was a good option.

Nobody is saying buy them now.

yes but theres still people out there buying FX PC’s and PCs like that

is what im saying

Then they’re better off with the refurb lol.

It’s funny seeing all the people complain about the price of older i7s so they can replace their i5s…

Not many people regret buying i7s and wish they got i5s instead, but there’s a whole lot of people who got i5s and regret not spending the extra few dollars on the i7 years ago

cause the average recommendation was a 4 core 4 thread i5 for gaming

no one knew about Ryzen or a 9900k back in the early 2010s

nor did anyone expect 6-8 cores to be mainstream

the 6900k was selling $1000+ back then, thats a 8 core 16 thread

now look where we are today where you can get a 8 core ryzen for like $250+

I regretted buying the locked i5 Haswell - I’ll never make that mistake again. I’ll always upgrade to the best consumer part available (not HEDT) and wait longer I’m between upgrades.

The i5-4570 was a huge mistake. Spending $200 more on an unlocked i7 in 2014 woulda saved me money in the long run.

I considered the i5-8600k back in November 17, but ultimately chose the 8700k for just $100 more.

Zero regrets. Will last longer there y saving me money.

I personally wouldn’t buy the i5 8600k or i5 9600k. You saw what happened to the i5 7600k, do you really think it won’t happen again?

1 Like