Internal conflict on the alliance incoming?

I remember when in wc2, we had a faction of the enemy break off and join our side directly against the other side. Like Alterac in WC2 or the Bonechewers (or laughing skull) in beyond the dark portal.

Maybe that would be the only way we can get rid of this two faction bs.

But having several prominent characters in the bad guy faction be stand up people, and even eventually having them turn coat, while the majority of people in the evil army are kind of just doing their jobs and -when you interact with them- not shown to really be a jerks is one of the ways you generally do gray (or less black) morality in fiction.

Mostly because of the limited number of characters you have to work with.

Sylvanas is being played up as the bad guy, but the Horde much less so. They’re being played up as her witless pawns at best while she pursues some kind of crazy scheme nobody but her and Nathanos seem to be privy to.

Everyone’s teaming up to fight Sylvanas, sure, but all these characters vs Sylvanas isn’t the only conflict. There’s also the greater (and individual) Horde characters and the Horde in general are dealing with to consider.

If we have internal conflict comes to the alliance it needs to come in the form that the King of Stormwind is not automatically the Leading authority of the alliance as the High King.

We need a commander of the combined/coalition forces- I nominate Jerod Shadowsong

We need a council and an equivalent to a prime minister for all executive political actions.

Make the alliance feel more as a coalition, not a monotone group, eachrace/city state is not beholden to each other’s rules or regulations, but will support eachother militarily when outside forces become a threat.

3 Likes

Oh God, they’re going to have Khadgar open the next expansion trailer with that, aren’t they?

1 Like

Only so long as it’s part of the “story they want to tell.” As soon as they have a story where the night elves need to be buddies with the Horde, or too weak to defend themselves, or whatever else, the Night Warrior and any effects of the Night Warrior will be shipped off into the plot hole where they dropped the Vindicaar.

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up for a Internal Conflict or more Alliance Lore within the Alliance Faction.

I understand that Night Elves were treated very poorly within BFA due to bad writing but at the same time you gotta give more screentime to other Alliance Races who haven’t had gotten their chance at the spotlight yet such as Draeneis, Dwarves like the Bronzebeards, Pandas, and High/Void Elves.

Blizzard has been teasing folks with the Void Elves reclaiming Quel’thalas and so far we haven’t had any Alliance Thalassian Elf Lore in the Story so far at all. I hate to say this but I think its time for Humans, Worgen, and Night Elves to take a break including Humans since Blizzard keeps on showing more Humans instead of the Warcraft 2/3 Elements this Expansion.

Yea Blizzard tried doing Warcraft 3 with the Night Elves but I think the Night Warrior Lore or just the whole idea of Darkshore Battle was kind of poor in my opinion. They could have done something great and awesome like Ashenvale Warfront for example and having customization options that is night elfish.

Again there might be better story ideas besides like “oh I hate everyone in the Alliance for not helping us” idea internal conflict. Example being Gilneas. Have both Night Elves and Worgen finally reclaim the Lands and make it as their own land. Or just make Feathermoon Stronghold as a New Night Elf City. There’s good ideas for Blizzard to do better with Night Elves. I don’t think a Internal Conflict within the Alliance Faction wouldn’t be much better. Besides Warcraft 3 had One Human Commander being a racist to Elves and I really don’t want a repeat of Warcraft 3 Garithos of that One Human Character ruining Elf and Human Ally Relationship. Been there and done that with Blood Elves.