Internal conflict on the alliance incoming?

Hello, not gonna lie i am writting this with a lot of anger and frustration trying to understand what is even going on.

i was remembering sylvanas line in a “good war”.

Basically saying that the alliance would never forgive the horde and whatever.
So that tells me that blizzard at least has some sort of self-awareness about what they are doing with teldrassil.
so why push for an “unforgivable” narrative?.

what i am trying to say, is that they already knew that the alliance “would not forgive”. and decided to make us even more angrier.

So why push for a “forgive” narrative now from anduin and jaina?
Why we are not having the agressive jaina that was in legion, after she believed that the horde betrayed the alliance? wouln’t that be useful in a war that we need a character driven by vengeance instead of “forgive” and “heal”? (like sure, those themes could be useful if done properly, but not in the context of teldrassil)

Why we have the most “good guy” in existence already willing to “heal” the horde?
why blizzard decided that we should ignore varian’s threat?
Why we are not trying to dismantle the horde after they have done?

and i bet that some will say “well is a playable faction, we can’t destroy it” so if blizzard already knew this
WHY THE F*** HAVE THIS STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Other things tell me that a some npcs are still in the vengeance train, specially nelfs.
(tyrande,maiev and shandris during 8.2 "there must be vengeance for teldrassil)
along a nelf that is on boralus that tells us “never forget teldrassil”
or tess graymane “some atrocities cannot be ignored”
or in the elegy novel “there will be justice one day”

so what should i think, is blizzard going to sweep teldrassil under the rug?
or they are preparing some sort of internal conflict in the alliance between those who want to stop and those who want vengeance?

should i still have a little of hope for this story that deals with the vengeance problem?

Or should i just lose all hope after hearing that the war is ending soon? (i am still waiting to see exactly how that ends to get some conclussions)

12 Likes

They already moved on with the story.
They made a scuffed statement about the Night elves which wasn’t true at all, meaning they have absolutely 0 self awareness. I’m talking about the whole revenge thing.

Currently, there are absolutely 0 hints of any night elves in 8.2.5, the only characters shown are Anduin and Sylvanas, so it’s very likely that Teldrassil won’t even be mentioned at all.

Also, since the war campaign ends in 8.2.5, this will also be our last chance to get something from the Night Elves, so there’s that hope.

And some people told me I overreacted with my other threads…

9 Likes

Internal conflict, in MY Alliance?! Its less likely than you think!

In all serious, i doubt it. And even if there is, Anduin will Wrynnsplain it away with his Author Soapbox feat.

35 Likes

Naw the alliance will never have internal conflict is for bad people the alliance is the good guys do they can never have internal issues.

2 Likes

They already had conflict. Anduin didn’t want to do anything in Darkshore, Tyrande did it anyway and nothing bad happened to anyone. The End.

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::100::100::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::fire::fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes

The whole war just feels like a filler for the next expansion because they wanted to use the Old God plot later. I don’t know what I should expect. The shadowlands leak wasn’t that bad to begin with. BfA would be shown as pointless at least.

1 Like

Cause you are, imagine one race getting a bunch of patches, its battle for azeroth, not battle of how nelves beat the horde by themselves

2 Likes

Why?

Anduin is a good boy and tries to end any vicious cycle as soon as it starts. That’s just him.

Jaina, on the other hand, is schizophrenic and waffles between inconsolable anger and sage wisdom. There’s probably reasons as to why she’s simmered, though the only upfront reason I could even speculate is that her near death experience after fighting the Horde might have given her an attitude adjustment.

Why ignore Varian’s threat? If anything, he was a clarion call, even if his threat was just posturing on something he couldn’t do/wouldn’t do as it’d make the situation even worse.

And why the Alliance isn’t trying to dismantle the Horde; they are. They don’t have kid gloves on. If the Horde hadn’t returned to Drazal’alor, they might had even gone the full way, we just never see the plan in full action, as the moment Rastakhan goes down, the Horde shows up and ousts the Alliance.

There is Jaina’s mocking comment about ‘are we no better than the banshee if we attack them while they’re mourning’, though I think it’s less of a matter of respect and more of a matter that they can’t logistically field another attack when the original plan was so contingent on a mist veil and the Horde not being present for the battle.

I think, genuinely, they’re going to sweep Teldrassil under the rug, because if the leak is true, everyone dies, nothing will matter and those that survive are doomed to live in a world that is already falling apart, vindicating Medivh as he sits in his ghost rocking chair, murmuring ‘something something like fools we clung to the old hatreds something something’.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting patiently for a patch that doesn’t make night elves look like complete clowns just to continue the horde story :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What is 8.1.
Do I get 1000 dollars?

1 Like

That was 8.1

4 Likes

Didnt know that winning makes you look like a clown, wonder what the horde looked like then.

1 Like

In what world did we win?

6 Likes

I dunno the world where the horde was routed and the alliance broke there army in darkshore, or did you miss that? Oh no, nathanos didnt die, best ignore everything else that is happening

5 Likes

I didn’t know that a contested area is suddenly considered winning now.

I do know that it makes you look like clowns though when you lose against some undead archer even with the power of the night warrior.

Nathanos goal was raising the 2 night elves, did he achieve that? Yes.
Tyrandes goal was reconquering what’s left of their home and stopping Nathanos, did she achieve that? Not even remotely

So now you tell me who won

17 Likes

Contested, Oh does blizzard have to update the battle lines just for you? Best give up the next couple of raids, the story doesnt move at all if the old world isnt updated

It is also nowhere mentioned that the night elves reconquered their homeland, not even Darkshore.

What are you even arguing based on? Your horde bias?

12 Likes

Just the whole story of the patch, and my eyes.
Have you met a horde player who thinks they won anything in 8.1 lol?

3 Likes

Well apparently you are playing a different game then, because I can assure you that the night elves haven’t won anything in BfA.

They only lost their homeland, their people and what was left of their faction pride.

And I’m not alone with that

Horde have won the war of thorns, wiped out most night elves and achieved their goals of raising night elves in 8.1

11 Likes