Interesting...Twinks maybe coming back?

Perhaps in a completely different way it seems.

Complementary link and text:

On a side note, it’s been a long time. How is everyone doing? I did not think I would make one of these threads, first time for everything I guess! I just had to seeing this when looking it up just now.

1 Like

They better get the scaling right really well, otherwise this is going to be a funny time in BGs.

Grabbing some gem sets for each bracket could be a possibility though. Twinking back on the menu boys?

ESO kinda does this. They have three brackets: Max level gear matters, max level gear doesn’t matter/templates, and leveling bracket. The leveling bracket merges everyone below max level to the same bracket. Players lower level with fewer abilities get a substantial power boost vs players near max level with all of their abilities.

It felt weird doing less damage in pvp as I leveled. At higher levels instead of spamming 2-3 abilities and doing x amount of damage, I was having to do a full rotation to do the same x amount of damage.

I feel like everything ESO does involving scaling kinda sucks. Same with Final Fantasy. It all feels so bland.

That whole game was a bland mess.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it as a they do it right or wrong type of thing. Just saying that’s how they handle it and if wow was to allow it (I highly doubt it) then you could possibly see the something similar to account for max level players targeting socket pieces and legendaries.

What does this have to do with twinking? XP off will still be unable to queue with xp on in bgs.

who said anything about xp being off. /cackle

1 Like

Imagine it this way.

You’re allowed to queue with low levels, but your gear, abilities, and azerite scale down to the appropriate level.

You gather a set of 70 twink gear on your 120, queue with a level 70 friend, and enter the BG with the 70 twink gear.

Its a possibility. Hence the question mark.

1 Like

Never know, they may even allow characters to solo queue at a designated level with something like a bar that you can move to change what level you are at. But it seem like it is only based on who you queue with rather than allowing you to just level and scale down.

Scaling players down from 120 when partied with lower level players seems infinitely more complicated and unnecessary than just refining low level scaling so people can play their level 29, 59, etc. characters.

I guess as long as these downscaled endgamers aren’t running trains on levelers like the twinks did, this will be a positive for all involved. Just seems like a strange way to go about it.

The hissy fit that will be thrown over this is going to be epic.

Imagine when 120’s are queuing up to farm levelers. They’ll have gear in every slot and enchants and gems.

1 Like

In any which way this will likely be interesting for sure unless they disable everything likely leading to much more discussions here. I agree that simply balancing it out would have probably been a better approach for this, but it seems like their main purpose for the design is so that others can play with their leveling friends and what not, not necessarily in mind for gearing at lower levels.

Why don’t they just use scaling and templates and just merge all non 120 brackets? Would be ruff starting it out that way but tune it from there.

1 Like

I sense that Demon Hunter FCs might be a bit OP at lower level BGs

i would rather they just merge leveling brackets together.

10-119 has too many brackets currently

As someone who has a 99 twink demon hunter, I can firmly confirm that is not the case.

Not having a single talent/half your abilities is a bit of a hinderance lmao.

1 Like

With having the same character I agree, the base abilities would have to be over-tuned for it to be fair when they scale down. However, Vengeance was still a really good carrier at 99 even without sigils, so it will really depend on how the Hero classes scale which I think people were already wondering in the 8.2.5 PTR discussion area.

And since the announcement doesn’t actually note how scaling is gonna be tuned, while I doubt this will happen it could be leading to a bracket merge but that is just a wild guess.

Doesn’t it though? It details how Azerite, talents, and abilities will be as if you’re at the appropriate level, as in, removed. It states it specifically unlike Timewalking, where those bonuses are simply scaled down.

I have to disagree, but thats a matter of opinion. I played both specs and they were both absolute garbage outside of being decent at applying the Felstone debuffs to players. Even back when you could get your artifact abilities, they were still pathetic compared to say, a boomkin.

Its going to be back in 26 days when everyone goes to classic lol.

Giggles , they better get the essence and punchcards right or we are having a new level of twinking lol

1st Blizz punches xpoff and the anti twink community cheers and says see Blizz is against twinks since a dev tweeted it gave unfair advantge

The truth it was to boost boosting

Now they are going allow 120’s with those trinkets

I can see the tears