Interesting protpal/gushing interactions

After some quick testing I have found that holy shield the talent that deals small damage upon successful block can apply gushing wounds. So by merely getting attacked (by spellcasters as well mind you, prot can block spells) you can proc gushing.

That’s all well and good, but the cool part is that retribution aura procs it as well. A 60 yard aura that returns insignificant damage when your allies are attacked by melee.

So the thinking of course is that in a BG, a prot pal with full gushing and ret aura will have the pressure of a shadow priest, assuming there’s plently of melee on the enemy team.

The question is if it’s worth it in arena to lose a second stack of divine steed for ret aura. Probably not. I don’t know the numbers behind gushing, if it has an internal cooldown or what, but perhaps against certain melee cleaves especially with dh, who has very fast attack speed, it could be worth. Either way pretty cool for bgs imo

First off delete this post please.
Secondly, gushing is still based on real procs per minute so even if your cleaving 100 people u still proc 4 per minute baseline.

So the answer is no it won’t make u a god, delete this post plz.

2 Likes

suspicious why do u want me to delete?

1 Like

4 ppm?

How are ppl doing 2.5 mil dmg with it then? Holy crapola

1 Like

4ppm baseline before haste interacts.

He wants you to delete it so it doesn’t get nerfed since he just bought a ton of gushings (or plans to)

Bump this post to end the Prot Dreams!!

1 Like

I want him to delete because his question is about in battlegrounds and this is arena forums. Your posting in the wrong forum bud

1 Like

Suuuuuuuure you do :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

kind of sus bro. seems intended tho so idk why the fuss

1 Like

nephew,

DELETE THIS

How does haste interact with gushing if it can only proc 4 times per minute

Www.dictionary.com/RPPM

well gushing is shadow damage and holy shield block magic damage. So makes sense.

Wouldn’t you lose spell ward?

he’s complaining about bgs, it’s not like it even matters to be honest. No rewards from doing bgs

:relaxed: :shushing_face: :shushing_face: do any prot paladins on alliance wanna queue? :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes:

Haste increases the PPM iirc. Could be wrong.

It’s pretty fun in battlegrounds.