Pandaren Quarter RP [non-aligned]

Thunderfoot Inn
at Pang’s Stead, Valley of Four Winds, near the bridge to
Wednesday April 3, 6 PM (server) & on
IC: in the Pandaren part of town, unspecified large city.
OOC: no-host casual get together. Plenty of food available from the innkeeper if you are looking to purchase. Intoxicating beverages are byo. Low-traffic spot off the beaten path, no tables are occupied by npcs, flight master & vendors right outside the door, decor includes both our martial & our agrarian traditions, and it’s one of Chen’s favorite watering holes.

Original Post:

The interest check is whether or not other Pandaren players would like to start up some kind of once a month “no host” meet-up. IC in some major city, port, or cross-roads elsewhere in Azeroth. OOC in one of the food/drink spots in Pandaria. Why? …

Have your characters felt the need for a dependably stable place to find each other? I’ve had those kind of IC conversations often enough. Somewhere to loosen your belt, give the part of your brain a rest that works hard 24/7 translating not just languages but also foreign customs & behaviors, & enjoy the creature comforts of home in the company of familiar strangers as well as friends.

IRL:

• Emigrees, Ex-pats, Exiles, Diplomatic Staff, Expeditionary Forces, Exporters, Explorers, etc. tend to find each other no matter how far from home they are.
  • Spend time in a foreign country beyond the usually brief tourist stay. Even if you’re just visiting eventually you’ll be looking for an out of the way spot where people from home hang out.
  • Spend time in a major city & sooner or later you’ll stumble across the places people from a particular culture/community enjoy their own food, language, occasions, etc. that the tourists don’t know about.
  • It might be a restaurant, a neighborhood pub, a membership social club, …
  • Neighborhoods tend to organically develop where people can comfortably be themselves.

Yet - due to the practicalities of game design more than anything else - there is no Pandaren Quarter in any major city of Azeroth. It only makes sense from an IC pov that there would be something more than the tiny temporary encampments.

• Maybe after the Mists dissipated Pandaren started to give each other tips about cheap places to rent or even temporary places to stay.
  • Maybe someone’s home or a job-site break area evolved into a restaurant.
  • Or a grocers that sells the spices, vegetables & cooking utensils needed for old-fashioned cooking started having the Pandaren equivalent of a deli.
  • Sooner or later the street performers & food vendors would find somewhere to ply their trade when the weather turns. Informal use of an warehouse might have turned into some more formal & long-term arrangement with the owner.
  • Might be someone ferreted out & refurbished a place the Wanderers used to hang out before the Turtle stopped coming around.

Plenty more possible background scenarios exist. Let’s throw together some IC ideas & OOC suggestions for times, locations, etc. & see what we can cook up.

8 Likes

Ahhh I can’t type a longer response right now but I’m so here for this!

I’m always open to more places for Pandaren RP! I know for example Anyport has a handful of Pandaren. They are shady but still Pandaren so I imagine there are plenty of other places like that, that just haven’t been updated due to the last world revamp being in Cata.

Thanks for the quick responses you two.

Main reason I suggest OOC location in Pandaria is so we have a Pandaren interior to the place but it could be anywhwere IC - including Anyport. Even if we use the same location in Pandaria so it’s easy to find, the IC location could always rotate so everyone gets a chance to be the locals.

Shady participants is ok, even the OG tattoo-on-the-belly Pandaren need a place to spend their hard-earned gold & relax with some home-style. As long as they’re cool to the regulars, when the heat shows up we all speak Pandaren & nobody understands what the city guards are saying :smiley:

1 Like

This would be cool. On my old server we had something like this on that one ledge in the Mage district where Pandaren would always hang out.

It is a shame that empty section of Greenstone is filled with annoying sprites or that place would be great. I’ve been thinking of getting Taran’s Husband into being a waiter so maybe something like this will be a fun project to attend.

let’s set a date & time for an initial meetup. Probably get a few lurkers to show, plus whoever else we can spread the word to. I’m pretty much free anytime except Friday nights afa other hard-core commitments

Maybe something midweek, maybe 1st full week in March?

1 Like

I’ll try to make it if I can! My work schedule is odd for the time being, one week I could work mornings the next evenings.

Count me in if it’s at a time I can make it!

Likewise. Need to get Dao-Yi into more

Time to get down to brass tacks. I could pick an arbitrary time, but it would be better in the long-run to get a sense of what works for most. If you’re not comfortable posting a suggestion here send ingame mail to Kunbo (A) or Kunboket (H), or via the teahouse community or Fists of New Dawn community.

Early- to mid-week is better for me. Thursdays through Saturdays get pretty booked, unless it’s earlier in the day. :- (

But I’ll make my best effort to be there regardless!

Wednesday was my first inclination, so that works well. We’ll see what others have to say, but perhaps the first Wednesday in March?

Meanwhile I’ll take a peek at the likely spots to see what looks convenient & appropriate.

1 Like

Thunderfoot Inn
at Pang’s Stead, Valley of Four Winds, near the bridge to
Wednesday March 6 PM (server) & on

Chose this one because it’s a bit off the beaten path, no tables are occupied by npcs, there’s a flight master right outside the door, the decor includes both our martial & our agrarian traditions, and it’s one of Chen’s favorite watering holes.

Remember, this is a no-host casual get together. Plenty of food available from the innkeeper if you are looking to purchase. Intoxicating beverages are byo.

We can try out other locations (or day / time as well) in future months. We want this to be convenient for the as much of the Pandaren rp community as possible.

I’ll try to see if I can make it. Jadepaw has events on Wednesdays at 8pm so I might be able to stop by for a bit after work.

Hopefully so. You contribute a lot to the quality of rp, imho.

Thought of putting it earlier, but knew a lot of people will still be at work. Had to base day/time off of what people had posted (which you did).

1 Like

I’ll have to pop in! Time works great for me.

Thanks! I will try to bring my Hunter/Shaman(Unless I end up coming too late.) he can probably serve food.

No serving! Only sitting at the table eating! :smiley: There are npc staff to keep the noms flowing. This is no-host so we can all just relax & enjoy each other’s company.

EDIT: Was just reviewing the thread. Saw your earlier post. While this is meant to be an “after work / happy hour / whatever” relaxing night, the teahouse could always use support staff if he’s free Sunday nights.

“Two days & a wake-up” as the saying goes. First “Noms & Noms” - food & chat - meetup is Wednesday at Pang’s Stead. 6 PM til the last Pandaren pushes their plate away (& it’s not to make room for a bowl).

Even if you know you can’t attend, you can still help spread the word. :slight_smile: