Interaction between impending catastrophe and amplified curse

I only play my warlock for pvp (usually rbgs) and i've noticed something that seemed unintended, impending catastrophe applies either curse of tongues/curse of weakness to every target in 10yards of the original target dependent upon the targets class/spec , in combination with amplify curse it will apply whichever is most beneficial by default. 

I don't know if stacking amp curse with catastrophe is intended gameplay , but if it is the tooltip is not matching the spell effect in pvp  . I just noticed this recently but I was in  a bg fighting a healer + 2 rets and it applied the enhanced curse of tongues to all three targets even though I believe ret paladins should have curse of weakness applied and I know for a fact that it used to apply the proper curse to each target (I tested it heavily on release) 

Anybody with any knowledge / insight would be appreciated.

What makes you think its unintended? That is like saying inevitable demise stacking with soul rot is unintended. Even if for the small chance its unintended, I doubt they ‘fix’ it because the amount of venthyr warlocks is like 0.1%.

It still isn’t great, but is neat interaction.

yeah from a numbers standpoint IC is kinda hot trash. so any buff or positive interaction is welcome.

I am the .1%, I only pvp though … grubbins gives me like 30% mastery on a random CD (helps me know when to cast MR ) and I take the talent that gives me two charges of teleport.