Insufficient BFA Battle stone "compensation"

power leveling in old content is one thing.

However, being able to get some exp from BfA pet quests, AND farm profession mats, do quests and world quests, emissaries, assaults, exploration/treasure achieves and anything else you want/need in that BFA zone. Taking a couple hours to make the rounds of MoP & WoD isn’t getting other new content done at the same time.

3 Likes

It’s not worth it to do any pet battle wq other than ones that reward charms. Get multiple alts to max level and you will soon be rolling in charms. I got to 7k extra charms before 8.1 hit and have just been coasting since. Will probably farm up some more eventually. Taking a break from the pet battle wq since I grinded the family chieve in a few days.

When I started this thread, I obviously was mistaken about the amount of experience one would get from a trainer battle from the undocumented xp nerf in 8.1. While that does (for me, at least) bring up the question as to why BfA trainers gave less xp than Legion, WoD, and Pandaria trainers, I don’t believe it undermines my estimation of being able to level 2 pets a week via doing pet battle WQs in BfA. It also does not negate my opinion that we are still not receiving enough leveling stones to offset this undocumented nerf.

(Side Note: I am not trying to make the case that BfA is the best way to train pets. However, being able to train pets while doing other current content, as we have done in previous expansions, should be available to us.)

Once again, I have tracked the rewards for the last week. These numbers reflect the rewards available from Monday 12/24 through Sunday 12/30:

4 Regular Battle stones
1 Fel Battle stone
4 Elemental Battle stones
4 Magic Battle stones
6 Critter Battle stones
5 Undead Battle stones
3 Rare upgrade stones
123 Pet Charms
60 War resources
1355 Azerite
54 Bandages

So, in the last week, the best you could have done with a level 1 Critter family pet was get it to level 16. Overall, there were 28 levels worth of stones dropped, with only 9 of those levels available to any pet you wanted - as long as one received 5 levels at once. That’s LESS overall levels than last week’s 32 total levels.

As I said, my main point still stands - either the number of stones we can get via WQs wasn’t increased, or (more likely) it wasn’t increased enough.