Instead of giving void elves natural hair, consider adding half elves instead

Lol you whined for 14years about how alliance was robbed from the high elf so im not sure you are one to talk.

2 Likes

I did not say I have a right to exclusivity on a species, and I have said more than once I would be infinitely less annoyed about this if void elves had received a minor tweak like nightborne did in comparison to night elves. But they did not. This is different. And I have every right to feel the way I do. You can deal with it, as I have dealt with high elf fans doing what they have done for literal years.

And for the record, it is not pathetic to be annoyed that the other race is obviously being shown a level of favoritism considering they have been the exception to the rule in both customization passes. They were grandfathered in so many options when AR’s received next to nothing round 1, and now in a patch that was supposed to be about LFD and Nightborne - two races which desperately needed the focus and help - they came in and started screaming about more high elf crap in threads meant for other races and Blizzard caved again. That is annoying.

3 Likes

I feel like this would be better served as a few face options rather than an entire race.

1 Like

Instead of making these threads people should just get over it ffs , this constant complaining about something so irrelevant is insane.

I know these forums are full of people never happy about anything but this “issue” isn’t even a blip on the radar.

1 Like

There is more differences then that.

This is not bait I assure you.

I disagree that it is redundant. In other media’s half elves is pretty prominent and take important roles sometimes, for example in lotr elrond himself is a half elf.

lol!

Burn natural looking “void” elves with fire.

How about no.

Half elves for life.

No it is not actually, your still a full fledged elf, and would go against blood elf lore if that was the case.

Don’t play other fantasy games much eh?

Again that is not an half elf feature.

monk’s don’t use nature magic, they use spirit magic more directly then shamans do. It’s a form of life magic sure, but not nature itself.

This is wrong, if that was the case then they would had added them with natural looks and no transformation story.

I disagree.

They are robbing VE players of their immersion.

They kinda do? This is WoW where each race had always looked apart from each other. They have the right to complain just like “real” VE fans has the right to complain our immersion is being removed by adding natural looking VE.

A real compromise would truely be half elves. Adding natural looks to VE is not a compromise.

I disagree. There would be much more differences then just facial differences.

Racial-wise they wouldn’t have void abilities and they wouldn’t be using arcane racials either like the BE.

Appearance wise I’d imagine them a bit more built, but not as much as humans. Obviously they can use new face structure as well.

Only thing irrelevent is this comment, people has the right to be upset at that announcement.

1 Like

Half Elves are like Bards.

Yeah, they’re a staple of fantasy worlds and RPGs, but they don’t really have a place in this particular franchise.

I disagree, Half elves are far more important then bards, in fact they are important enough to have a lore charecter in this game, 3 in fact with one active.

They clearly do have a place in this franchise since they keep mentioning them, and have one being active.

There is one sidenote character in Arathor, a couple deep deepcuts like Alodi, and one illusion cast by a Dragon Aspect because Half Elves are hot in manga. Incomparable to a multitude of options that aren’t yet playable. I mean, Ogres are more relevant to the franchise that Half Elves ever were or are.

Honestly I think ogres should be added to the game also;

Name is Arator. He has been a lore charecter since BC And along with what elisande stated to future of the high elves is with half elves. Not void elves.

And he does impact the game, and is referenced several times. He plays a role in the paladin class hall and appears with turalyon/alleria in the 3 sisters.

Should he get more screne time? yes! Is he not important? no.

In what way would the franchise be different if Arator didn’t exist?

They added different ear sizes. So they’ve both added Half Elves and Given natural hair colors.

6 Likes

Please go away

7 Likes

Agreed, no argument there.

If you paid attention to the story, he is one of the reasons why vereesa/Alleria remained alliance friendly, if not being alliance.

Ear sizes =/= half elf.

1 Like

Dude they are just hair colors. The barbershop has all these dyes… and he only uses certain dyes on certain races… it’s just a hair color. Don’t need to make it an issue.

3 Likes

I have a bigger issue with the fact that the man/woman who’s the barber can also apparently do facial reconstruction surgery and gender reassignment… does he have a license for all this?? Given the time period (barbers actually were doctors/other things in Medieval Europe, however they were usually terrible at at least one of their jobs) , this makes it all the more disturbing…

1 Like

No, please. The Alliance has 3, three, tres human races.

No more, no mooooooooore. One was way more than enough because we see too much spotlight on that race.

Sounds like you lost the arguement lol.

1. Hair colors on a void mutated race.

2. Barber shops in game is not canon.

As long as there is a story that don’t have a playable faction to represent it, it will be continued to be requested, this goes for ogres and mok’nathal too.

I agree. However, with all the possible races, do we really need more humans? The Alliance itself is human centered, the Dwarves and Gnomes are very human oriented, we have belly beer Humans, normal Humans and Furry humans.

Not saying the race is bad or that it shouldn’t be requested, but do we really need yet another human and have 4 human types on a whole faction? Look at elves, we’re 4 divided on different factions and people are tired of them. Imagine 4 humans on a single one.

I’d never say no to more options, but I (Personally) would not give this one importance over many others, and definitely would not sacrifice Void Elves for them.

Though if we’re forced on another human race, I assume they’d be fine? As well as Vrykul.