Instead of banning bots

I disagree 100% with your implied claim “Blizzard wants bots, because they want their sub money”. That is 100% false, in my opinion (and according to blue posts by Blizzard). That may be true in some tupsy-turvey fantasy world, but not here in reality. It is just a made-up thing some players say to attack Blizzard.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Well if blizzard doesn’t want bots, than why are they still around? Maybe if you activated big brain time, you would see the truth. They NEED that bot sub money in order to fund their giant death robots.

Multi-boxing has never been against TOS, but I would love to see an official bot server. (Not that I ever think that would happen)

If Blizzard had the ability to identify all the bots in order to banish them to one server, then they could just ban them, no? I don’t believe that they intentially keep bots for profit reasons. Multiboxers, yes.

the low pop servers do have bots/boxers too just not in the same quantity (obviously)

BUT there’s the rub. THEY have the run of the server, THEY can do whatever they want, where ever they want, prime real estate lies empty, but no sign of them. That’s why i mention it, IF i was going to box (or bot) low pop would be perfect, UNLESS i needed a market to sell gold/services to make it worth my time/money invested.

Multi-boxing ≠ Botting.

Mutliboxing is a live player with a program/system that helps control the rest.

Botting is an automated program that plays the account with no living person presently controlling the character.

what

I believe you’ve misunderstood something. I know exactly what both are. The OP grouped multiboxers and botters together.

Same level of lameness.

1 Like

If they banned all botting tomorrow, do you REALLY think they would take such a major hit that it would affect their income?

If so, that would affect the game as a whole, which is bad for EVERYONE. If not, then your assumption about it being something major for Blizz is false.

1 Like

LoL if blizzard did it transparently to the bots IE everything about what realm they’re logging into looks the same I wonder how long it would take for them to notice.

How do you know it wouldn’t have a huge effect? Blizzard still refuses to release information on bot sub money. Plus that money doesn’t effect the game anyway, since its being used to get Lazer attachments for their militant sharks

I don’t, but neither do you.

However, my statement stands. It either the subs matter A LOT and killing them will be bad for the game overall, or they mean NOTHING, and talking about them is pointless.

So, saying they NEED the money makes it sound like you have information you do not have.

Don’t call ME out for saying what I said while saying something similar. You don’t KNOW any more than I do.

1 Like

I do know more than you, because my uncle works at blizzard. He told me they need those fat stacks of bot cash to finish building their secret moon base.

1 Like

Well, geez. It’s not a secret anymore.

1 Like

Maybe that wasn’t the secret part of the moon base.

If blizzards reasoning is not to ban bots due to finances then the only solution is to have enough players un-sub so that they have a net loss.

If that is the case…

You know there is literally an entire career field of talented programmers whose sole source of income is to constantly write botting code to thwart Blizzard, right? Technology and innovation do not stand still. The entire reason blizzard bans bots in waves is so they can get as many as possible before the bot coders immediately start working to defeat the anti bot software once again.

Whether or not you believe blizzard wants these bots around, understand this: blizzard CANNOT and likely will never be able to eradicate botters entirely. These botters are just as talented and educated as blizzard’s programmers. It’s a never ending arms race.

Blizzard has explained about a dozen times how bots cost them money.