Inquisitors Gaze Talent

Can it see and attack stealthed targets? Otherwise it’s pretty much useless since it is activated periodically, and does very little damage.

3 Likes

Nope.
It’s basically a green version of Arcane Mage’s talent, Arcane Familiar, which has virtually been a dead talent since it was created in Legion.
Oh, but Arcane Familiar gives Arcane Mages mana (which is big for them, and still not a good talent). Inquistors Gaze doesn’t even do that. It could have say, a 5-10% chance to grant us a Soul Shard.

Thematically it’s cool and I’ll spec into it initially, but once the novelty wears off I don’t see much hope for it outside of Blizzard buffing it’s damage.

1 Like

does anyone know if the eyeball can proc the grim of sac hit?

the grim of sac damage (based on current tuning, as of Oct 1) would probably make the eyeball worth it - but yeah agreed, outside of that circumstance, probably not worthwhile in current state

1 Like

Wish theyd turn the inquisitors eye into a full on inquisitor demon summon. Another ranged caster on top of imp that does shadow or fel damage instead of fire.

1 Like

Not part of the testing Atm but seems pretty underwhelming. Imagine if not only did it do it’s periodic attacks, but it had a chance to mirror a second cast of a shard spender you just cast depending on your spec

It’s a pure passive 1% dps increase. What else are you going to spend that point on?

You nay say a lot of suggestions, don’t you?

It could be spent on something more interesting-- heck would’ve loved if we got Kiljaedan’s cunning back or archimonde’s vengeance. For a final talent its just very underwhelming.

Yeah, because a lot of suggestions are pretty bad.

It’s part of the class tree. The less dps that comes from there, the better. Already bad enough we have to drop 5 points for Eye, Synergy, and Soul Conduit.

Sounds like a design flaw rather than “bad suggestions” as damage increasing nodes from the class tree shouldn’t be inherently bad.

1 Like

More damage from the class tree means less damage from the spec tree.

Whether or not you think that’s bad is up to you.

Correction, damage increasing nodes from any sort of tree in an interesting way shouldn’t be inherently bad.

Besides, I doubt this quoted statement is true.

Of course. More damage in the class tree will clearly just result in more overall dps.

The more damage that comes from there, means the damage that comes from the other tree will be less impactful. The warlock specs are all different enough that you’ll be hard pressed to make a talent that applies to all 3 that is anything more than some generic % increase.

Relatively speaking, yes. More damage from the class tree would make the damage from the spec tree less impactful. This is true along with your first statement as they have inherently synergistic to each other depending on your spec.

But I’d argue, if anything, that the lack of interesting ways to increase the WL (I said “Our” again lol) damage along with so many defensive nodes from WL (KEK, I said “our”) class tree would be the difference between a “Meh” Tree and a “Good” Tree.

Don’t get me wrong. The WL Class Tree is overall solid. But nodes like Demonic Inspiration, Wrathful Minion, GoSyn are kind of boring. SC is probably one of the very few passive nodes that I find very exciting to play with that increases our overall damage regardless of your spec.

I don’t know why they went to the trouble of making a new ability if it was going to be so boring. Just because its intended to be a passive option compared to the soul keeper doesn’t mean it has to be completely basic.

2 Likes