Input lag despite normal latency

US Server, WrA, in Gorgrond on the Warlords of Draenor TW (warmode active) shard.

66/66 MS for both world and home.

My spells start out rather fine, with the first 10 or so going off as expected, but from there on out it gets to choppy, 2-3 second waiting times between spells, it seems to calm down after a few minutes of not playing the game, at which point I can cast 10 or so abilities again before getting back to the same issue.

Anyone else having a problem like this? It’s the first time I’ve seen it.

Edit: Upon further investigation of the issue, turning warmode off seemingly fixed the lag as well, though from what I could see with warmode on there was not a single player around Gogrond.

I would like to believe the new Scourge Event has something to do with it, as before Monday I leveled a lock here with warmode on and suffered no lag then, but now monday night is when I began experiencing the lag,

Same issue here. I found that the bnet launcher was causing massive CPU spikes for some reason and I’ve been running smoother with it fully closed after launching WoW.

1 Like

This sound very much like the shard lag issue, which we explain over here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ability-loot-lag-on-north-american-servers-despite-normal-latency/50358/725?u=caterpepi

Ayyy! Thanks for the response!

That did the trick for me. Taking multiple attempts to use portals, mount up, interact with npc’s, etc. - closed the bnet launcher after starting game and all is back to normal

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working for you again!

Lag is still the worst in GORGROND and it’s barely playable. Besides restarting are there any real fixes. Was so happy to see how leveling is in the new expansion, well it’s bad. No latency detected but the SHADOWLAG is BAD.