Inner demon make it better or passive

I love inner demon think its a great talent, but it could be better. Im tired of seeing just imps. Can you least make more variety of demons and more consistently. Its rare you see any other demons then imps kinda lame and annoying if you ask me.

3 Likes

It is passive but more to your point, it depends on your playstyle. The 10% other demon proc works off when in combat making it proc not just from any ability or spell you use - and sometimes it procs more then once so you get demon overlap . It really adds to my demon count which is especially great when I am churning from NP before popping Tyrant. I have noticed that if your doing something and then want to mount, you may be in combat which stops you casting, its a bit painful that you can’t passive the imps/demon or despawn them to free you to mount up.

I would like to see this become our mastery effect. The chance to summon an extra demon when a passive imp is summoned increases with mastery and the duration of the passive imps outside combat increases as well. If not at the very least make the passive demon chance 15% ish and allow the summoned imps to last the full out of combat time like the HoG ones.

1 Like

I will offer a different view of Inner Demons.

Instead of focusing on the random demons who are not only RNG on top of RNG, dealing pure single target damage and with drastic fluctuation of power between it happening before, inside or After a Demonic Tyrant.

Let me present to you a different spell.

This is the original version of Wild Imps, it allowed you to gain 1 Wild Imp every 20s (Hasted).

And this other spell https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Imp_Swarm.

This allowed you to forsake the 1 Imp every X seconds in favor of popping multiples at once, and in return it disabled the passive effect while Imp Swarm was on CD.

My suggestion would be to discard the Random Demon, and make Inner Demons work like

"Wild Imp Swarm X seconds of CD (Hasted)
Active: Summon X Wild Imps at once, deactivating the passive effect of this spell while it remains on cooldown
Passive: Summons 1 Wild Imp every 12s(hasted) "

The passive effect would allow the same benefits of the current Inner Demons [Power Siphon food, having 2 imps follow you while out of combat], but giving additional functionalities with the power of jump starting some Imps for your Tyrant or Implosion.

Ideally i would say the effect passive effect and the Active effect should be balanced to represent similar Dps Gains [with the active offering more Wild Imps on opportunity Windows like Tyrant while the Passive offered more Wild Imps per minute generated] that way you have an interesting choice for when you want to use it on CD vs when you want to keep the passive active.

As for the reason to keep Wild Imps instead of Inner Demons its because i believe Wild Imps are the more interesting aspect of that talent, as they interact in a more meaningfull way with our Kit due to Implosion, Demon Core Generation and with Tyrant [as they get their energy freezing from tyrant regardless of spawning before or after tyrant cast]

3 Likes