Infusion of light?

Is this proc for holy paladins ever going to get a change to make it actually good to use or are holy paladins just going to not get a change to it until dragonflight? you rarely ever utilize using this proc and using holy light or flash of light; would like a change to infusion of light soon T_T

I mean casting holy light or flash of light outside of healing yourself or PvP has been inefficient for a long time now. I think they went the route they did because they wanted all pally specs to share wog when they went back to holy power which inadvertently made holy light useless. Idk if they can fix it without a serious class overhaul which is unlikely during this xpack. Imo they should just remove Holy light all together and make IoL buff wog or something. It would prevent confusion with new players and streamline the spec.

Oh after thinking about it I think they should make IoL make your next martyr heal your beacon and scrap the leggos. That would be sick. Make holy light a PvP talent.

1 Like

It used to be good, back when it turned Holy Light into a fast-casting spell.

Will you see any changes before next expansion? No. Should we expect major changes for holy next expansion. I believe so.

During Shadowlands testing, certain spells like Crusader Strike were originally meant to have a much higher mana cost to curb an overly spammy playstyle like we have now. Some players complained, wanting to dps without penalty, but Blizzard over reacted tuning-wise, and they removed way too much mana costs to the problematic spells. Add in glimmer and a few Shadowland’s powers, and you end up with the current holy paladin not using several of its major abilities for the whole expansion, including Infusion of Light.

So, with regards to the main topic of the post, it is hard to say what actually needs to be done for Infusion of Light until all the problems I mentioned above are first addressed. With Dragonflight, I expect two possible directions. One is to surgically fix the problems in the spec, and the other is to nuke the spec in favor of making it a full blown melee healer. The second option is, in my mind, a bad idea because Mistweaver already fills that concept. Mistweaver historically has had a hard time standing out as a spec. Often, I would say it is only taken when it is overpowered, not because it brings something special to the table. So for developers, it would seem very counter productive to put time into making holy, a spec with a rich amount of unique things already, a dps healer when Mistweaver is the one that really needs to control that space. This isn’t to say holy paladin shouldn’t be able to melee, but that should not be what defines it as a spec.

With regards what changes I would suggest, I think the first thing to do is change the mastery. It is something most holy paladin players agree upon, that it is not well liked, and in their minds, not well designed either. My proposal to change the mastery would be to replace it with a reworked version of Glimmer of Light. What I mean by a rework is that a holy paladin’s Holy Shocks would still mark targets with glimmer, but instead of future Holy Shocks triggering heals, I would have holy light, and maybe flash of light trigger glimmer effects when cast. This change would both remove the mastery problem plaguing the spec for years, and it would give far more incentive to hard cast as the spec has always intended.

My point above builds into tackling the next problem: holy power. Right now, it is too easy for holy paladin to generate tons of instant healing while also doing damage. Changing glimmer as I suggested (even if left as a talent) would help curb the problem. Removal of Crusader’s Might (as it is now) would probably also need to happen, and I think Crusader Strike needs some kind of increase in mana cost to make it behave more like priest’s Smite.

Once changes like these are in place, I think you can then tackle Infusion of Light. It may not need any fixes, or it may still need an overhaul, but I wouldn’t bother thinking about it until the more fundamental problems are taken care of first.

If Crusader’s Might gets removed I will probably quit live WoW altogether. Blizzard has ruined just about every spec I’ve liked since Legion and Holy Paladins - even in their diminished state - are the only spec I can enjo.

You want to make Infusion of Light relevant again? Restore it to its previous state, where it lets you fast-cast a Holy Light, maybe with an additional lower mana cost.

Let me first say that I believe your favor towards Crusader’s Might is misplaced. That talent, as it is now, is simply a haste short cut to speed up Holy Shock’s cd. As is demonstrated in the current tier (and last tier) holy paladins began to stack enough haste that they dropped the talent in favor of one of the other two. That, or they kept the talent to replace the haste that they otherwise would need to compete. My point with all this is that what I believe you really enjoy is haste / spamming spells / fast gameplay, not this talent.

Focusing on the new talent tree system, I can see a Crusader’s Might finding its way in as an option, maybe even be expanded as a talent and used in the class tree. But what I said earlier still stands, that if you leave abilities like this in, and you don’t address the core problems of holy paladin using holy power as a resource, the spec will devolve once again like it did in Shadowlands. Let me stress that it was broken in the first two tiers, and the only reason it was “fair” in the current is because the raid is very aoe heavy, and m+ has mana resets to help other healers. If you copy and pasted the current base builds of all the healers and put them in Dragonflight, I’d put a lot of money on holy paladin breaking the meta once more.

With regards to Infusion of Light, the reason why the cast speed was removed was because it created similar problems that Crusader’s Might is currently causing. Instead of stacking haste, paladins for most of the game’s history stacked a lot of crit. That guaranteed infusion procs, and that in turn allowed paladins to constantly cast spells really fast. Add in holy power instant casts or the dying breath legendary, and you had a healer that was too powerful in a lot of content. So, its possible with tuning changes to have an older version of infusion, but there is a good reason why the devs are trying to avoid bringing the old version back.