Inferno Updates

Hello, Destruction Warlocks.

With the release of 10.2.7 yesterday, the scaling of Inferno became heavily reduced when Rain of Fire affects more than 5 targets. We investigated this, and found it was a change that was originally implemented with Shadowlands Season 4, and later became unintentionally broken with the launch of Dragonflight and went unnoticed.

With the release of 10.2.7, the reduced scaling was inadvertently fixed when unrelated changes were made.

Considering the timing of this, we’re going to remove the reduced scaling. In The War Within, we plan to redesign Inferno to address how Destruction scales in power in relation to target count.

Thank you for the reports regarding this issue and we hope to have the fix implemented soon.

7 Likes

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Praise to Kaivax of the raccoon tribe.

3 Likes

thank the lord of warlocks

hey i know you im a huge fan of your stream bro

So let’s all reroll warlock then

It’s good for abilities to not have some hidden damage cap, but I’m not happy with Destruction leaning so heavily on giga AoE via Crashing Chaos.

I like them being transparent. However, it’s still funny to read: “became unintentionally broken” “was inadvertently fixed”.

Thank you for the update.

The Inferno scaling cap was more sensible in Shadowlands when Destruction had access to both Rain of Chaos and Wilfred’s Sigil (Grand Warlock’s Design). Current talent tree design makes that impossible, and even opting for one of those talents is very taxing.

1 Like