Increasing Maximum Toons On Accounts

the only time I play all my toons is during valentines event

I’m thinking the only reason they haven’t done this(beside “costs” etc) is that there aren’t too many with 50 characters on their account to begin with. It’s the only logical reason.

You have over 50 120s!!?
Will you guys please just put something together and push it towards blizzard?
I never imagined some one would have that many max level toons. That alone has to be some kind of record right?

You have it easy then. Surely you can prove you have played all of them recently given the length of the expansion.

I would love to see it honestly.
When the community rallied together in legion it was legit the coolest moment.

I honestly believe it was a major moment for blizzard development.

Lead the charge and make another one!
Lemme know if i can help you in anyway.
I can make a video to promote your effort or something.

1 Like

Truthfully im a bit selfishly attached to this topic.
Its one of those rare situations where the community can actually attempt to force a change.
You get so few opportunities to prove people wrong on such a large scale and after seeing it done with the legion legendary cap i am sooo eager to see it done again.

There are people in this thread who have made some pretty strong claims so i have challenged them to furnish proof.

If they put the work in and made a strong effort towards demonstrating they really should have more character slots it could spearhead a movement that might pick up steam quick.

I worry that they are apprehensive because they are exaggerating some or maybe they think there are too few to support them after these threads not really catchin fire.

Either way, this is one of the rare moments where “prove me wrong” can actually lead to some major constructive advancement.

But past that i really dont have much invested in it.
I dont personally care if someone thinks i be live them or not but if these claims are true proving it could do so much more than shut me up, if thats what they are thinking im after.

Most games don’t give more than 5-10 slots. 50 is incredibly generous really. Also, what in the world do you do with 50 toons? I barely have time to play all of the ones I have and I’m no where near that number.

Proof of what? That they have 50 characters they don’t want to get rid of and still play? Why does anyone need to prove that? The topic alone can make Blizz poke around to see the statistics and decide what to do. We don’t need to sit here and get into “prove it” arguments with each other. That’s not helping anything. All it does is make these threads devolve and then get ignored.

Sure, for free to play. For subs, the games I’ve played let you have more slots and then buy even more.

Here’s the million dollar question I put forth to people: Why be against something that benefits others and has zero impact on you?

8 Likes

Why is there a cap on toons? I’ve always wondered :thinking:

2 Likes

Okay, quick recap of all the things that might not be obvious then.

The beginning:

-> In a QnA for Legion, the question was asked about Bad Luck Protection for Legendaries, and the answer was given stating that it would work in a way that the more content you did without getting one, the more credit you would accrue, until you weren’t behind on legendaries any more.

It was later discovered that instead, there was a cap on legendary acquisition and BLP as they believed anyone receiving more than 4 legendaries before a certain time was not operating within the rules.

This was only realized because players THOUGHT there should be a change, and they organized a coalition of hundreds of players to document their activities and prove both BLP and Legendaires “weren’t working.”
They thought it was a bug at the time, but instead if was Blizzard intentionally limiting them, and the topic could no longer be swept under the rug, forcing change.

Fast Forward to BFA:

-> In a QnA for this expansion, the question when they would expand past 50 characters per account was asked, and a response was given saying that no one would need 51 characters as they can’t actively play 50 characters regularly, so it isn’t being considered.

So, I am suggesting a mirror of the first response described here.

A coalition of players who document their apparent usage of 50 (OR MORE!?) characters regularly, as the posters in this thread declare.

Why action is needed:
People are claiming here that they actively play 50 characters. One person has claimed they have 50+ 120!!?!

So if that is the case, then it means Blizzard does already know that people do it, and were not sincere with the original answer, unless we are assuming some how this only started since that QnA.

So step 1.
Prove to everyone publicly you actively play 50 characters and demonstrate a benefit for a 51st.

Doing so will bring new eyes to the topic, and encourage others to reconsider the stance.

After the list of people who have come out grows, the topic will move into mainstream eyes, via social media influencers and will balloon like the BLP thing to something that can’t be ignored.

This will lead to some sort of response, and likely a change if its actually viable.

So TLDR:
Proof is needed, as Blizzard seems to ignore it on their end, and the only way to make a credible point on the topic is to demonstrate that its a serious issue.

There is a precedent for the community banding together with evidence it is an actual issue for them, and it can be looked at as the clearest solution here.

Threads already devolve because the things said are often unbelievable to most players, making it difficult for a focused discussion to happen on the topic.

In Conclusion:
I believe Blizzard will continue to dismiss the claims of those who do need more characters as a fringe issue not worth resources, and the only way to change this is force community perception to shift in a way that can’t be ignored.

The best way to do that is start by demonstrating there are a significant number of players who do actively play 50 characters.

If you or others disagree, feel free to suggest some other method of involvement!

If it was me, I would take this course of action, but perhaps I am failing to see a reason why I shouldn’t, or perhaps a more pertinent option, so lemme know!

1 Like

They won’t do it, even though it should be done.

Pretty much every decision from the WoW team the past half decade has been in response to the question, “How can we extract more from the dwindling number of players, especially the most loyal suckers?”

They’re just like the cable companies. Instead of rewarding those who still pay for cable, they try to extract more from them to make up for everyone else leaving.

2 Likes

I support OP. Just reiterating. Also anyone who is somehow against this idea.

Ya dumb.

I’ve always thought that selling character slots as a 1 time purchase in the shop would be a perfect use of the services provided. 1 slot for 7.50. 3 slots for $15. 5 for $25.

6 Likes

Here are some of my characters:

`https://ibb.co/3vWKphG

Cool, any reason to hide them though?
If you do decide to try to spearhead this movement and there is any way I can help lemme know!

Wow hoarders are real.

1 Like

Same reason I post on this toon. I am not spearheading anything. I have only recommended that Blizzard make extra character slots available for purchase since most users won’t need them.

2 Likes

Im running out of space. I think im 44 out of 50. about 12 lvl 120 maybe 15 at lvl 110. I just love lvling characters of different classes.

5 Likes

I can’t even delete my level 20 dwarf warrior or LvL 40 priest. I seem to have the emotional attachment to them already. And even though I have max level 120 warrior, and 120 priest, I think I wanna level them sometime in future. It will be so nice if I didn’t have to delete them.

6 Likes

That’s a shame.
I don’t see why they will change their stance if people don’t show them they actually need them.

But I suppose in the end, if they DID it would certainly be behind a paywall.

Blizzard already has the ability to determine if players need more characters slots. So, we don’t need to show or prove anything to them. Players should keep requesting more character slots if they need them.

8 Likes

Altaholism at work, sometimes you just need to say no.

Looks at incoming Allied races and Shadowland skins No I don’t need it… I don’t need it… I need it

5 Likes