Increasing Anima Rewards from Dungeons and Raid Bosses

Seems like it partially addresses the issue.

Normal CN is definitely not more difficult than a 7 or a 9. But the effort to kill a Normal CN boss is slightly more than a WQ I would say, unless your party is iLVL 200+. But it would be incredibly frustrating to down a Mythic CN boss and only get 115 Anima. Some bosses like Mythic Shriekwing are relatively easy to down with a guild, but it seems weird that the effort is being made equal to a M+10.

So seems somewhat reasonable for NORMAL CN, but completely unreasonable for Heroic and Mythic raiders. M+ keys still have 3 to 5x more effort than it takes to do a WQ and a WQ can easily reward between 2-5 Anima items.

The change is appreciated, but it doesn’t feel like it was well-thought out.

2 Likes

LOL at first i was like: “YAY now i can get 197 covenant gear fast on all my alts !”

Then i read thats only for M+7 and over… And Nathria bosses… And its a garbage buff…

18 Likes

Cool story, now can you make them actually drop loot?

And that anima amount is still almost nothing.

28 Likes

Yes, we do.

Upgrading the transportation network is very useful for places like Bastion, where the dungeons are WELL OFF the beaten path.

2 Likes

A better change would be if it was per boss.

8 Likes

Well no.

You guys who raid get better gear. fine. you get gems and stuff we casuals might never see. fine.

But if they give anima bonuses to raids and mythics then they need to give us pvp and/or casual pve’ers a bone.

11 Likes

Anima Planet

5 Likes

IMO… people pushing m10+ or mythic raiding. Don’t care about anima.

However to offer such low amounts is still a total joke. WQ takes a few mins and can really be done at any ilvl… you get anywhere from 70 - 250 anima for WQ…

So really IMO… it’s even more sad that a “fix” to the anima for m+ and raid is still lower than WQ.

That’s like ordering a salad without getting any lettuce and the “fix” is to give you more sauce.

6 Likes

I dont think thats a fix, its a bonus, you get 1k anima from doing all the raid, thats not a fix but is a nice bonus

2 Likes

Blizz you have the data, please just go ahead and mail me the difference in anima that we all should have had since launch. Thanks.

11 Likes

It’s a nice change. Still seems low, given the covenant upgrade costs. It would also be nice to be able to send anima to alts (buy anima jar for x, use for y, bind to account).

Overall, a move in the less grindy direction, which is welcome.

1 Like

Haha I guess so. Still I find it a joke, in case the thing that people aren’t doing the content for to something that is still not worth while.

“Am I so out of touch? No, it’s the children who are wrong.”

26 Likes

This does not even come close to addressing the issue.

19 Likes

I’m 216 IL, which is more than enough for the content I’m doing, but there’s a lot of people struggling to gear up for which this won’t be anything but a slap in the face.

I can’t believe you can be this out of touch, Blizzard.

14 Likes

Meanwhile, the dirt farming non-raiders continue to grind away on the measly WQ’s that reward small nuggets of anima. That is if course if the anima based WQ’s aren’t overrun with iLvL gear 20 points lowers than what you current wear or stupid gold rewards.

17 Likes

PvPers have the bone. People are rushing PvP to get loot because the loot in PvE is so much effort for so little reward.

8 Likes

yooo more anima :smiley:

Yes, I need to upgrade my sanctum stuffs too!

1 Like

This will only help free the casual slaves from this grinding wheel, look at it as a positive. This is a chance to finally let all the tediousness and chores burn us out completely and walk away. Think of the money we will save. especially if you do silly things like buy tokens and mounts and celebration packages.

8 Likes