Increase to Bronze Cache, Spools of Eternal Thread, and Emperor Shaohao Reputation

Hello Remixers!

Thank you for all of your continued feedback on the Mists of Pandaria Remix event. We have a few upcoming changes that we hope will address some of your concerns and help make the remainder of the event even more of a blast to blast through.

First, we’ve heard repeatedly that the rate of Bronze acquisition doesn’t feel quite fast enough to allow you to comfortably collect all of the collectables you’re looking for while upgrading your gear. We investigated reducing upgrade costs and crediting players that had already upgraded their gear, but found technical limitations due to how Remix and Dragonflight interact with one another. We landed instead on doubling the value of Bronze Caches as shown below:

Bronze Cache values increased by 100%

• Minor Bronze Cache (250 → 500)
  • Lesser Bronze Cache (500 → 1000)
  • Bronze Cache (750 → 1500)
  • Greater Bronze Cache (1250 → 2500)

In addition, we want to make powering up to overpower content easier, so we’re going to triple the effect of Spools of Eternal Thread:

Spools of Eternal Thread stat gain increased by 200%.

• Minor Spool of Eternal Thread (20 → 60)
  • Lesser Spool of Eternal Thread (50 → 150)
  • Spool of Eternal Thread (100 → 300)
  • Greater Spool of Eternal Thread (180 → 540)

These items are both available from a wide variety of content, on both repeatable and one-time-per-character sources, so they should benefit all players whether it’s your first time entering Pandaria or your latest new Timerunner.

Once the hotfix is applied, you’ll see a new buff when you equip your cloak: Timerunner’s Mastery, indicating that the changes are active!

And because it’s a bit of a grind, we’re also increasing Emperor Shaohao reputation by 700%.

Thanks again for all of your feedback on this version of Remix. We will be applying all of these learnings to our future endeavors!

The WoW Remix Team

75 Likes

Some nice changes there. Good to see some work still being done on Remix.

5 Likes

Finally worth grinding out the rep!

3 Likes

This is wonderful. Thank you!

Next up, I’d still like to see the following.

• Something to help rares stay alive a little longer
  • A buff to bronze from activities in the open world (quests mainly) at level 70
  • A buff to Shaohao rep (Edit: which is included, if I had reading comprehension skills)
7 Likes

These are good fixes.

1 Like

Watch out my little man

when sync’d cloak?

3 Likes
  • A buff to Shaohao rep

And because it’s a bit of a grind, we’re also increasing Emperor Shaohao reputation by 700%.

Ah, nice, guess I’ll go back to grinding some Shaohao rep, I was just going to skip it. :smiley:

I was just coming to post about the rep … my goodness, fantastic change.

1 Like

of course it happens on the same day I already finished gearing my hunter lmao

still great changes, time to gear another character i suppose

That is great to see! We will have no problem getting everything now, and this makes upgrading less of a pain.

I mean, I see this more as a stop gap measure to smooth out the scaling issue for those that level fast to 70 without getting many threads. Still welcome though. Might try leveling another toon even.

I was literally not going to do this rep, but now I think I will. Never did it in retail, so yaay.

Final note:

This is a wake up call for you guys, and I hope you see it. Future events should not be copy pasted from retail, nor should it be hooked into Retail. They should be exactly like how we get the PTR, or the Beta: Via its own client that has no interactions to or from the Retail game.

Maybe it is not feasible…if that is the case, future experiments will be greatly hampered.

6 Likes

Pretty good honestly, almost makes me want to start playing again.

What would make you actually start playing again?

This was the post I did not expect, I am SHOOK!

2 Likes

I exalted Shaohao on Sunday >_<

1 Like

This is huge. I’m pretty close to done with the Bronze grind, but extremely glad to see it nonetheless. Now all that’s necessary is adding weapon arsenals, and the Remix will be in a superb state.

4 Likes

The bronze acquisition roughly halves the time to gear now. Might be worth it though, the thread buff seems more significant to me. I’m of the OP toon crowd though as aside from the mounts I’m not really into the mogs That much.

It’s almost like when y’all said “we’ve Heard the feedback” 2 weeks ago, you should have followed it up with this exact post instead of “but we’re ignoring it because we know better, and assure you we will not buff bronze gains later so you don’t feel bad”

So not only did you make people feel bad, you blatantly lied to the players because you wanted to ignore feedback until enough people quit remix over your “we know best” attitude.

This is a welcome change, but you guys need to do better.

16 Likes

Will there also be arsenals and ensembles added for appearances that are world drops?  What about battle pets that hard to obtain like the Spineclaw Crab from Monstrous Spineclaw?

1 Like