Increase Necroray Egg Dropchance

Way too rub it in :cry: :sob: I know some that got lucky like that but most of us are still only at 0 or 1 out of 3… It sucks.

1 Like

I got two in the same evening when I was going for my last one. When they hatched the first egg had the final mount and the second had some junk item worth, I think 200g.

I got the 3 mounts but I did like 13-15 alts, I changed most of those alts to necrolord, so I could get necrolord boxes from some callings like Torghast , rares and treasures callings, otherwise those will provide your covenant specific cache.

For a mount item linked to a specific covenant while most of the SL time, you coulnd’t change covenant as you like, it’s a bad approach with really low % drop, those eggs should be a purchase items for offerings / anima as bad luck mechanic.

Other players shouldn’t have to use 10+ alts to even have a little chance…It needs a change.

2 Likes

The drop rate does seem kinda crazy. It took over 100 tries to get the first egg, 31 more to get the second and I’m still chugging away at the third.

Hopefully they edit the drop rate to be a little bit higher.

1 Like

Yesterday (11-24-2022) there were 3 separate Maldraxxus Callings - Challenges in Maldraxxus, Aiding Maldraxxus, A Call to Maldraxxus.

I took 10 level 60 toons, made them all Necrolords, and did those callings.

30 individual attempts at Necroray Eggs.

0 Drops; 100% garbage design.

I’ve had 2-3 dedicated Necrolords for the past 2 years, and even then I’ve not seen 1 Egg.

The system can be so much better than this.

Please change it.

2 Likes

Yep. Ive done the 3x Callings on 13 characters yesterday. Nothing out of 36 attempts. Still 0/3 Necrorays obtained.

It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Nah they should leave it, it’s good for mount farmers to have some long grinds now that they removed the good ones in MoP/WoD.

Strongly disagree. Instead, why not:

• Give me a long, arduous quest chain that rewards me a mount for my time.

• Give me a rep grind that allows me to buy a mount @ Exalted Rep or (X) Reknown Level.

• Give me a mount that can be crafted, but requires hard to obtain reagents.

• Give me a secret mount that requires me to travel all over creation doing odd little tasks, maybe even for weeks at a time.

• Give me a mount that requires obtaining various achievements to complete a Meta-Achievement.

Hell, I’d rather have another TLPD - as RNG as its spawn is, at least it’s guaranteed to drop the mount.

3 Likes

I agree with this. I finally got my last egg and my feeling was relief more than anything else.

Right now you at least get some gold for doing the callings, in the future, probably won’t get more than a pittance worth.

Gold from callings has already been nerfed into the ground. Used to get around 5-6k from doing 3 callings. Nowadays it’s like 500-600g.

3 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t really feel worth the time spent at all… even if you can align 2-3 Maldraxxus callings up together.

We need bad luck protection…

Unfortunately, This kind of thread was ignored on the CC and Devs don’t talk about this…The legacy content should be adjusted frequently and some rewards should be designed with player’s time and fun in consideration, if the task isn’t fun then don’t do a massive grind…there’s a lack of balance.

It’s like the MoP world bosses, I spent a LOT of time doing those for years and got all the mounts last year, now those were fixed…Why these drops weren’t fixed before? We already provided that feedback for years…

I already got the 3 mounts and Devs should change these drops, I just changed every alt to necrolord, so other callings like rares and torghast also provided an extra chance…

I’ll take all those PLUS the heavy RNG mounts too.

I forgot what it was called but there were the same things in MoP. Eggs dropped and had a chance to spawn a black, red, or green raptor after 3 days. I got multiples of the green and it sucked but it is an rpg after all.

That case is different, if you want to talk about any RNG, then you need to think about 2 components…Acquisition and Drop rate.

For those eggs, you can kill everything on the island and farm those non stop, gather different eggs and use multiple alts, it’s an easy grind…compared to the Necroray egg approach that’s limited to some callings and you have less attempts with a really low drop.

That’s why it requires a balance.

The Primal Eggs aren’t comparable. They drop like flies. Even though you weren’t guaranteed to get the mount you needed, you could easily guarantee yourself an egg every 30 min for each character you farmed it on.

Necroray Eggs are extremely rare, even if you go at it with all your characters.

2 Likes

The Primal Eggs also drop off of Oondasta pretty regularly. I’m farming for Oon’s mount and out of 10 toons, 5 or 6 got Primal Eggs out of the Pile of Refuse, lol.

1 Like

Really hate items like these being soulbound.

I got one of these things by accident and hate it. Would love to gift it to you.

1 Like

Yeah I had 10 characters doing every calling as Necrolord by the end. Still only got 1 out of 3 eggs.

It’s a silly design. But then, a lot of covenant things are silly.

I didn’t even mind doing the callings when they gave good gold, but now? Pfft. I could go camp Rustfeather if I wanted a low chance at a mount with no reward otherwise.

2 Likes

I could increase the amount of chars I do callings with up to 46… but the question is, do i want to

Jk, its not a question, absolutely not. 10 should be more than enough already.

I’d rather do anything else than sit in Shadowlands for any longer than it takes me to do triple callings on 10 characters. I’d rather do my world bosses and Arachnoid Harvester, I’d rather run circles in Dalaran.

Right now I’m at the same point for Necroray eggs as I was a few weeks ago with the Pandaria world bosses. “Should I even bother?” “I’m never going to get a drop.” “It only gives me gold, never anything useful.” “Why would I waste time on this crappy RNG?”

The world bosses got fixed at last. I got Nalak. Can’t wait to get the others.

Getting a world boss mount is now more likely than me getting a single Necroray egg.

Please increase the dropchances.