Incoming 7% damage buff for Feral Tuesday

Seriously, how bad did they mess up that there is this many straight % buffs. lul. They should use Sims and they would have a better idea of what is going on than whatever system they are using now for damage testing. Reee dic ulous

2 Likes

Not enough, bt with sabertooth makes feral pvp so awkward.

Decent ferals are already insane in PvPā€¦So many buffs since the release of the expansion.
It bothers me that this is going through in PvP aswell

Rember the internal testing team is a limited group and their collective skill at the various dps specs can be wildly different than the live player base. Thats why less than a week in a blanket aura change is being patched in

2 Likes

Donā€™t excuse the sheer incompetence Blizzard has displayed. People have been giving feedback on feral for a good half year and Blizzard still canā€™t get it right. The fact that they had to give us a hotfix buff after a couple months of testing on a PTR pretty much confirms for me no one at blizzard knows what to do with feral.

9 Likes

I think the issue was that the testing for 8.1 was geared towards next tier. Another 30-50ilvl up from where everyone is sitting now.

So better/more stats and traits on top of the changes they made may have Ferals looking good come January 22nd and forward, but lacking in the current still, and so the 7% buff.

Perhaps any more than 7% and itā€™d be over tuning in the next season/tier. Only thing I can think of

4 Likes

even so, its blatantly obvious to anyone with more than 3 braincells that regardless of whether or not their testing was based off of the next tier, that there would be a sh1t ton of p1ssed off kitties over sitting at the bottom yet AGAIN with a month left bfore said tier. ESPECIALLY with the pvp season not even being over??? cman, srsly now. my stats are whacked, my traits are whacked, I donā€™t even want to queue until things are more developed.

5 Likes

People are claiming that Ferals were good in PvP. Maybe feeling a bit different but still good.

So a 7% buff only amplifies that. As for trying to give it any more, it would just be temporary and have to be nerfed come next tier

1 Like

lolā€¦how about no.

have you played dh recentlyā€¦? If what youā€™re saying is remotely true, the same applies to themā€¦ meaning what? they can obliterate armies of people with just 1 button instead of 2? 7% no matter how you look at it, is not enough, we hit like crap and our energy regen is garbage, forget mechanical issues, just simple i press button x and i do x damage feedback is enough to warrant me wanting to throw my damn keyboard out the window. I play my dh, thatā€™s 30 ilvlā€™s or more lower, and im doing more damage, in every aspect. WITHOUT HAVING TO SACRIFICE AOE OR SINGLE TARGET TO DO ONE OR THE OTHER BETTER. WHILE HAVING TO DO LESS WORK TO DO SO. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Have you tested Ferals in the PTR?

7% is a bandaid until tier 2. Is it enough? No. They didnā€™t address the main issue that everyone mentioned. But itā€™s blizzards way of having us hold over for a few more weeks.

In an earlier post I mentioned that 7% was not enough of a fix for how we were left. Our energy generation needed to be addressed.

But given that, Iā€™m explaining why I think weā€™re fettinf the 7% buff. And why itā€™s 7 and not 20

Weā€™re in a constant state of being ā€œheld overā€, since the beta for this trash expansion. How much longer can you hold someone over. Few weeks? How many months has it been already? Get real. I donā€™t need to hear this non-sense. I need my abilities that feel like complete crap to use to deal damage, so i could atleast play the game without wanting to rip my damn hair out.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I asked if youā€™ve messed with them on the PTR yet. Thereā€™s a thread here in the Druid forums where a guy is boasting 30-40k

I hardly have enough time to play as it is, much less test things, but go try it out and see for yourself.

Thatā€™s why I said ā€œhold us over for a few weeksā€. But who knows, that may also be geared at the end of 8.2. But still, 40k is nearly twice what my Rogue is doing at 371 ilvl. If it holds, thatā€™s some promising numbers

30-40k sustained on 4 targets?

1 Like

You know, I couldnā€™t tell you. I didnā€™t check out the link he posted proving the numbers. And for the love of me, I cannot seem to find the thread it was posted in. But if I find it Iā€™ll post it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/im-seeing-alot-of-ferals-complaining-still-video-3-specs-all-30k-dps/43836
1 Like

Sorry but that video is so far off in so many different ways its not even funny. Iā€™m not going to get too deep into things because that would take too much time, but two key points to take away.

Right off the bat, he is using Pred, and thereā€™s a huge issue with our level 15 row right now. SBT is so damn strong in that tier that there is zero reason to take anything else. Youā€™re better off picking up SBT and skipping pred even on Teeming week, especially since most things die around the same time anyway.

Second: SotF is a relatively comparable damage increase to SR, gives better energy, and does not take resources to maintain. SR is a dead talent.

Third: MoC is trash. Dontā€™ use MoC outside of a SoB build (which is too situational to have value).

4 Likes

That the guy in the video is in 2x azerite triple stack at ilvl 415 without showing DPS meters or raiding from other classes at the same ilvl. Imagine what other unbroken classes are doing.

A shame he had to put that video up. Nothing is worse when trying to fix a clear class issue than showing some data showing the issue is false (which it IS NOT).

As of this moment, feral public parses have a score of 69, with the highest class being 89, and 75% of the classes are above 80.

So all of those public parses in uldir are apparently all just total BS? According to who? Some ilvl 415 6x azerite guy. I like to compare apples to oranges too. I bet they check their microwave to know what the weather is going to be.

5 Likes

The truly irritating thing is that if changes were kept minimal in 8.1 weā€™d be in a great place.

PW baseline, preserve the mastery change, and now you have a much more interesting spec left intact, while fixing the biggest complaints in 8.0 (lack of an AOE finisher and FB felt super weak).

Instead, for some arcane reason, PW has to be on a talent row, SbT needs a massive buff, and the spec goes from having at least 2 viable options in all 4 damage rows to having 1 talent choice total (BrS or PW).

Itā€™s kind of astonishing how badly this was messed up.

4 Likes

When you run the numbers 7% is not even close to enough. Feral to be competitive would need at least a 25% increase. The problem is we have a skeleton crew B team running WOW now. Which is why my sub is cancelled and moving on to FF14. At least they get it right!

2 Likes