Incendius 100% alliance

All the evidence seems to point to people liking the idea of pvp but when faced with the reality they find they don’t like it. Too many imagine a dangerous world where they have relatively even battles. The reality is almost all pvp is one sided battles where you are ganked and camped or you gank and camp other people.

10 Likes

Most don’t want actual pvp servers. Many Horde dominated servers have celebrated when the majority of their Alliance population transferred off. Plus merging those servers would create too many other issues.
I hope they figure a was way to shrink server populations with BC. Maybe caps and more servers.

2 Likes

It’s funny how the migration of Horde off Incendius turned Earthfury from a relatively balanced server to nearly overwhelmingly Horde. Not on par with the imbalance of Skeram or Incendius, but it waa a massive shift and is always pointed by those of us who joined back in September 2019 as what hurt the server the most. Those transfers literally changed the atmosphere and attitude of the Horde on the server.

1 Like

I feel bad for the Earthfury players prior to the transfers because the most annoying Horde guilds that plagued Incendius with its sociopathic toxicity (who and YANG GANG) fled after being spanked in BRM and went to Earthfury to spread their idiocy. And I have RL friends that play on Earthfury. They do say right now that’s its not bad and everything has been pretty chill when compared to how it was in April/May.

4 Likes

I personally find these servers super interesting and kindof want to transfer to someplace like Heartseeker. Granted, being a Rogue makes being severely outnumbered a little less daunting, but my favorite part of a WoW is world PvP, and unfortunately I don’t get enough of that.

2 Likes

this isnt accurate.
thats 2500 characters logged. i know people that raid on five toons and i know people who only raid on one. there is no way we could have an exact number unless someone starts a project to run census on the realms.

only blizzard has factual information. and they do everything in their power to keep it from getting into the hands of the community.

2 Likes

Just let them die.

2 Likes

They cant if you lock them in.

=)

3 Likes

Right, there really isn’t much PVP in WoW. It’s mostly ganking or being ganked. Yes, technically that’s PVP but really it’s player vs helpless person. Most PVP in WoW is no different than kicking handicapped people or stealing stuff from babies.

PVP would have been better off in a completely separate game. I enjoy PVP quite a bit when you can get a good, even fight going but that’s very very rare. It’s really not even worth balancing the game around.

2 Likes

if you want even fights, you have to have night elf/rogue/druid friends stealthed within range to even the odds when the gank squad comes. Works well. Many people have tried to 3 or 4 man gank me only to realize they are gonna lose because I too have a friend or two ready to go.

1 Like

Heh, I’ve been there and done that! The issue then becomes how much you have to bribe people to sit around twiddling thumbs. Because defending like that is soooooo boring.

And I never gank, I only defend.

Blizz = Chooch

2 Likes

… and that’s quoted as the reason for driving the other faction away. There are posts from those on PVE servers complaining about how they can’t get resources. So if the other side is chased off you’ve got the resources, world buffs while claiming to be “pvp” and no other faction competition.

Alsoria is right as well, the whole horde side of the Earthfury changed overnight when they transferred. It became a much more toxic environment. We were proud of being a “dad server” and it wasn’t something any of us “natives” wanted but we didn’t exactly have a choice. Our only choice was to transfer ourselves and myself as well as my guild decided to just deal with it. Yes it is much better now but even now we get poked with comments about how the AQ gate opening would have been ruled by alliance (because of claims we were slaves to alliance or some other garbage that’s not true) and even how the AQ gates never would have opened had the Incendius horde not transferred over and other ridiculous comments.

Server merge would revive the thrill factor of being on a pvp server, bring back wpvp!

Blame the Incendius Horde for leaving en masse with no communication with Alliance to properly handle the shlt sandwich Blizzard gave players. The Horde didn’t leave because of pvp in the end, they left because they didn’t want to deal with 3+ hour queues anymore. But they still should have talked to Alliance via discord to ensure a healthy server post-transfer. But the ones that left don’t care about that, and they left for Earthfury. Since you’re from there, you can attest to their crap attitudes for the past 6 months.

Ask everyone playing on 99/1 pvp servers. Alot of players like the implication that world pvp could happen, but they don’t actually enjoy world pvp. Look at retail, they were all 99/1 so they just got rid of them altogether

3 Likes

That’s one possibility. Here’s the more likely scenario. I play on pve servers. Once I passed an alliance at my level. He taunted me, /spit etc. I didn’t get angry but I decided what the hell, we’re about even. I’ll give pvp a try. So I attacked him. As soon as I flagged pvp a 60 unstealthed and one shotted me. Really no big deal, I die now and then. A holy specced priest with almost no pvp experience, even without the 60 I thought I’d lose and die… But I learned my lesson and never flagged pvp again. BG’s only. But I don’t get it. How is it fun for anyone to hang around mid level zones on pve servers with a stealthed 60 to entice someone to flag to one shot them?

6 Likes

Totally agree, combine both servers. No need for 2 servers to be at 100%/0% alli or horde, could fix it easily.

1 Like

this is very tru, if anyone should be to blame its Blizz cause they opened paid/free server transfers

1 Like

I’ll pull no worries

1 Like