In the top 500 M+ Runs not a single one is on Tyrannical week

Legit, on wowranks you can scroll through it yourself. All top 500 runs were done on Fortified weeks with a mix of other affixes.

Does no one at Blizzard see a problem with this?

People do NOT want to push Tyrannical keys nor is it viable to try and do so.

12 Likes

been pretty much 5 years now and tyrannical has been a problem since day 1, blizz knows its a problem but wont do anything. which is weird because if tyrannical weeks were better, more people would play during those times. I do my 4 keys and log off for the week.

45% hp increase is way too much esp since it was designed when titanforging was in the game., it shouldnt apply to boss minions. It should be a 25% hp increase. That would actually make tyrannical weeks able to be pushed

and after this season, tyrannical is actually going to be worse, esp. if the new seasonal affix doesn’t increase your dmg in some way. right now Prideful is kind of masking some of the tyrannical problems, and thats not good design going forward.

17 Likes

I mean there were just a few bouts of nerfs to some bosses like Amarth, Stradama, and Torvald. Although only nerfing three bosses isn’t going to solve an issue as big as 0 runs in the top 500 being done on tyrannical week.

Careful what you wish else Blizzard will make every other Affix as bad as Tyrannical

9 Likes

Blizzard sees the problem.

To compensate, Fortified now buffs trash HP by 40% instead of 20% so it can better match the difficulty curve of Tyrannical. Damage values remain unchanged.

9 Likes

Yeah this week, and Tyrannical in general, is rough.

Last week keys just fell over, even when sloppy. This week failed to time a 12 Mists despite really good DPS and an otherwise good and deathless run because the healer disconnected midway through the 2nd boss and we wiped. Then ran a 14 Halls today and barely timed it despite the run being almost perfect. I think we had three deaths which were all due to the tank charging into the church too quickly after third boss when healer had no mana. Other than that, DPS averaged 5k each, tank and healer was at just under 5k DPS combined, route and pridefuls were perfect, tank went quick, Lusted first pull, we had a Venthyr, etc. Crazy that one of the easiest dungeons was barely timeable for us.

Weeks like these make people really not want to play M+.

Probably doesn’t help on Tyrannical this week that some Manifestations of Pride aren’t targettable, so players don’t even get the buff.

Its always funny to me that yall only want to do it when its easy but then compare tyrannical weeks as being harder than mythic raiding at some point as to why mythic+ takes more skill. But none of you do dungeons at that time and the term “push week” exists at all.

1 Like

The bosses in Tirna Scithe feel like raid bosses rather than dungeon bosses, not because of their difficulty (they’re probably the easiest) but because of their collective health with their minions.

3 Likes

Maybe because tyrannical killing keys isn’t fun?

It doesn’t apply to boss minions anymore they changed that with Shadowlands

The second boss on Sanguine Depths would be an absolute ****show if it still did that

Unironically buffing Fortified to be as difficult as Tyrannical would solve the problem, because the problem is purely the difficulty disparity. The actual baseline, whether they make Fort as hard as Tyran or Tyran as easy as Fort, is irrelevant.

5 Likes

Welp, time to do what I do: throw ideas to the wind.

Replacement ideas for Tyrannical and Fortified! (because making things spongey is what key level is supposed to do.)

• Firstly, a new first affix must be a stable mechanic that shifts focus dramatically without adding whacky effects. The current system separates bosses from trash, but let’s toss around a few other opposites. (Teeming used to be a time sink for trash, similar to fortified.)

The format goes “X vs Y.” X is week 1, Y is week 2, and they alternate. Although I’d like to see tier 1 affixes change more than just 2, we’ll make examples with just 2 alternating for now.

1. Enemies cast spells faster vs enemies melee faster. (Whole dungeon, boss and trash; 25% seems ok, but who knows.)

2. Enemies gain a 1% leech buff that stacks each hit (falls off after 4 seconds only) vs all player healing being dampened by 5% per 30 seconds in combat (Although this is a 1st tier idea, I also think it’s ok to replace necrotic with it. Maybe my idea is more insane, though. Percentages are iffy to balance here, as it could just be an affix you go “well, not pushing this week since healing pride is impossible.”

3. Movement speed cannot go above 100% vs movement skills have 100% increased cooldown. Ok, this one would get hated immensely, especially for a T1 affix…but I’m not erasing it.

4. (Settle down in advance) All monsters flee at 15% health vs all bosses will cast an interruptible 1.5 sec cast fear which lasts 4-6 seconds.

I need to sleep, and I know you’ll all hate most of these, but again…this is just what I do.

Bye now.

And you? Can you show us your logs so we can see that you always push harder on tyrannical weeks?

1 Like

Replace tyrannical with teeming

2 Likes

Increase mob and boss base health and remove both.

3 Likes

Why do you need to see his logs, the fact that Tyrannical is not a push week has been known forever. You’ll even hear streamers who play the game for a living and push 18-20 keys saying this week they’ll just PvP or level alts

the tyrannical weeks (2 of those) are the reason i stopped pushing m+. I was @ +10 week 3 then gg

now i won’t push anything, it just got boring.

I feel like Tyrannical was made by someone with connections in Blizz. Like one of the higher ups step son or w/e came up with it and no one wants to bring it up because he may run to daddy and have them fired.

That is legit the only reason I can think of why it’s still the way it is.

2 Likes