In Need of New Friends

Hi Wyrmrest. Or rather, long time no see. After a long hiatus, ya girl resubbed for Classic, spent about an hour and a half killing murlocs in Redridge, realized she wasn’t having any fun, and promptly decided to to back to retail.

So here I am, back on my kodo dooky… except that in the time since I left, all my friends also stopped playing WoW. To that end, I’m looking for a new guild, new pals, whatever. At this point I’m not super fussed about which faction I play. I’m a roleplayer, but I would also ideally like a guild that raids with at least some degree of success, since raid healing in particular really butters my biscuits. I’ve been lurking on the forums for about a week now, but at this point I’m just feeling a little overwhelmed and lost. You know, like a granny who got turned around in the grocery store because there’s just so much shiny newfangled stuff and everything’s calling my name all at once.

So anyway, now that I’ve rambled at you and thus furthered my old lady image, I’ll stop there before I embarrass myself any further. If you happen to be in need of a healer, holla. I’ll level literally any class you want (except healadin, probably, since that’s just not my jam) and gear like God himself will come down from Heaven and tell me that it’s pronounced gif, not gif, and bless me with wisdom if I go quick enough.

Thanks for taking the time to read my nonsense! Have questions? Drop me a reply here or feel free to add me:
Discord: Sexually Active Toyota Prius#1589
Battlenet: Sunderland#11139

4 Likes

Welcome back to the game!

I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but a great resource for new players are the Guild Directories. There’s one for Horde…

And one for Alliance…

I don’t know if you’re on any Discords, but that’s also a great place to look! Best of luck!

Thanks so much! I’ve been looking at all the threads for guild recruitment on the first few pages but I think my problem is that there are just so many and I get SO overwhelmed by choice because they all look interesting that I’d been kind of having paralysis, if that makes any sense. But I’ve finally started trying to chug in the right direction. I really appreciate your help, though!

Lmao, well I can just tell from this introduction that you’re a riot. I’m newly returned to the game myself ( or rather, been playing for a bit but have the social life of a tree stump ) and I could use some new pals too! I’ll add you in game. : )

2 Likes

There many good roleplayers that don’t post much & many good guilds that don’t actively recruit even though they’re open to new members .

I’d suggest going to some of the recurring events. A couple of examples: Stormwind University (A-side) has cross-faction activities every month that are friendly that include opportunities before and after to hang out & meet people. Azeroth Peace Council (H-side) has their monthly soup kitchen that often becomes a place to catch up with old friends or meet new ones.

Then there are the various fairs, markets, etc. Big crowds might seem intimidating. But it’s a lot easier to be invisible in a crowd. There are plenty of opportunities to approach people (or be approached) in a situation where it is easy to politely walk away if things don’t click. Or make plans to meet up later if things go the other way.

1 Like

@Brightrose I am in somewhat of the same boat. I sent you an in-game mail message!