In-Game Support Wait Time

24 hours ago, my friend opened a ticket.
It said “haha, you gotta wait 2 days, 12 hours to get a response!”
This morning, he logs in, and it STILL says 2 days 12 hours.
I thought we were not going to have these ridiculous long wait times on in-game tickets anymore?
2 days is unacceptable. The ticket time not reducing after 24 hours is also not acceptable.

1 Like

The ticket. Time is just a loose estimate. I cannot remember the last time I came anywhere near the ticket estimate for a long time.

Is the issue something we players on CS might be able to help with?

3 Likes

It’s not a countdown timer. It’s an estimate of the oldest ticket in queue.

In case you missed it, a major patch just dropped. The number of tickets tends to skyrocket right after a patch drops as people put in tickets for just about anything, even if it’s not something a GM can help them with.

What issue is your friend having? Perhaps we can either lend a hand or better direct them.

8 Likes

No, it didn’t.

His issue, not yours.

he can post here asking for direction

4 Likes

No, didn’t miss it. Just expected a company with a 14 year old game that they’ve dropped countless patches in, to have the foresight to prepare their employees for flooding of support tickets…you know, so as not to make paying customers wait.
He has gold to buy a token, but doesn’t have game time. Because Blizzard decided that Veteran-status accounts (no sub) should have practically the same limitations as new, never-been-subbed-before accounts.
So he needs a day of game time in order to retrieve the gold and buy the token. So doubt any of y’all Blizzard FanBois can assist with that.
Please don’t make excuses for them. Great game, terrible customer support. Period.

No where in my post did I request you or anyone else to respond this way.

Really wish Blizzard would put a stop to players who feel it’s their duty to be so flippant; your response was not warranted.

If he has enough gold (it all has to be on one server and not in the mail) then he can purchase the game time at the character select screen.

Since it sounds like it’s in the mail, he can ask for a little game time but it’s not guaranteed. What he can do though, is ask via Live Chat which is a 1 minute wait time. I know waiting a minute may still be too long for a “paying” customer :man_shrugging:

Link for your friend:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/786/channels

2 Likes

His issue, not yours.

He can open a ticket and ask for time

1 Like

You’re right they should back to how it was when non subbed accounts couldn’t access anything at all. Stop being entitled, what your friend is ticketing about isn’t even something a GM would be guaranteed to even be able to fix.

Again it isn’t a count down it is a rough estimate. I doubt it is even going to take two days to get an answer.

4 Likes

Wait times like this happen after every patch. Content patches especially. Nothing new, and it’s temporary.

As for planning? Temps? No thank you. We don’t need veteran GMs having to clean up the mess and add to wait times.

5 Likes

Actually, by posting in this forum you did precisely that. This is primarily a player to player help forum. Our regulars graciously give of their own free time to help others with information, guidance and recommendations - all of which you have been given and are accurate.

It is true, it is not uncommon for times to spike a bit shortly after a patch, those usually come down quickly.

Whether we will grant this request will be evaluated when the ticket is answered. In the meantime, there is 100% nearly instant solution, just put time on the account, and going forward perhaps think ahead a bit and if he wishes to use gold, make certain his account is situated in such a way he can access said gold.

10 Likes

They do, and 2 days is the result of that foresight. That’s not their ability, that’s the volume of tickets.

2 Likes