In-game shop: black screen at payment

Whenever I try to purchase one of the in-game services, it lets me choose which character to apply it to, and then after I click confirm, the background screen goes blue and the window for what I assume it payments shows up, but the window is completely blank/black (with only the “X” in the top right corner showing).

I noticed when I try to submit a bug report in-game, the in-game browser-like screen also doesn’t load.

3 Likes

Doublecheck to make sure you don’t have a firewall, or security program blocking the shop, Talgor. Shop purchases use different access points from the game and some security programs tend to block them.

You may also consider resetting your User Interface, in case that is blocking anything.

1 Like

If all else fails, just to check… are you running Razer Synapse?

4 Likes

I am having the same issue. I have reset my interface, i do not have Razer Synapse, and I don’t see my security programs calling out anything. I bought a token at the end of June without issue. Now I can’t make any in game purchases.

2 Likes

Try talking to billing in the morning.

Having the same problem as OP. Did everything you (and the link in your post) said to do … renamed cache/interface/WTF, turned off anti-virus, no add-ons allowed to load, rebooted system … same thing. Click on the Shop icon in-game, menu comes up in the center of the screen, select WoW Token, window cycles to Buy Now button, click on it and the box goes completely black while the background (game display) changes to gray-scale. And everything just sits there doing nothing. (Do not have Razer)

Any more ideas?

1 Like

Are you able to attempt the purchase on another, preferably differently-configured device?

2 Likes

Razer is only one of the more common conflicts that we see when symptoms like this are reporting. It’s possible that other services could be impacting your experience. If you’re certain you don’t have razer drivers installed, or the razer synapse software running, then continue with shutting down all other programs that Windows doesn’t require by following these steps.

If that doesn’t work for you, then use the links at the bottom of the article in the “Tried everything here?” section to connect with the Technical Support team.

2 Likes

Yep, did all them things. I can evidently connect with the Shop; the options change when I select Services, or Toys, or Mounts, or WOW Token, or Pets. It’s only when I try to pay for it that everything goes FUBAR. Like the link to the payment scheme isn’t there …

Gotcha, definitely connect with the Technical Support team then so they can dig into this with you and hopefully identify a solution.

2 Likes

Hello folks, I have found a way to fix this. Firstly, for the Blizz support dudes in the game directory the ‘Worl’ folder I had containing the browser logs gave way to these clues:

[0917/010841.941:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(20)] Unable to move the cache: 5
[0917/010841.941:ERROR:cache_util.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder GPUCache to old_GPUCache_000
[0917/010841.941:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(169)] Unable to create cache
[0917/010841.941:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(601)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[0917/010843.877:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0917/010843.884:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.
[0917/010843.917:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0917/010843.922:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.
[0917/010849.637:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:
[0917/010849.933:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:
[0917/010851.805:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:
[0917/011056.826:WARNING:spdy_session.cc(2921)] Received HEADERS for invalid stream 33
[0917/011056.826:WARNING:spdy_session.cc(2921)] Received HEADERS for invalid stream 35
[0917/011225.765:WARNING:render_frame_host_impl.cc(2751)] OnDidStopLoading was called twice.
[0917/011225.783:WARNING:render_frame_host_impl.cc(2751)] OnDidStopLoading was called twice.
[0917/011225.882:WARNING:render_frame_host_impl.cc(2751)] OnDidStopLoading was called twice.

This has everything to do with the Browser interaction with respect to Windows/Explorer and not much to do with what addons or running or firewall any of that crap. Although I did for crits and giggles step through other things before trying what I initially wanted to do in the beginning.

So I play some retro games and the full screen screen old game ( in this case Red Alert 2) barfs every time you open the game. I had in the past seen games that if windowed or running without EXPLORER active behave differently. I wrote a batch file to start when dbl click on launcher to nuke EXPLORER then call the game up. At conclusion the game finishes, and Explorer is called to run so that your interface comes back.

That’s what will fix this issue. IF you go into TASK MGR and kill the explorer process at least prior to launching WoW (I didn’t test for post game launching task killing) provided you know how to run a task or get to your wow launcher - you run that, fires up battle.net - log in - game on - WOW TOKEN - BOOM!

No other trick was successful except this one. For me since I dont plan on getting many more tokens anyways I am ok to just kill the explorer task and launch wow so I can grab that token.

If you want more elegance in doing this so you can grab wow tokens or use shopping in game then follow this summary (which you can independently google if you aren’t an IT guy ):

Create a batch file with admin rights
taskkill the explorer image
start command in batch to run wow launcher
because the batch wont end until the game is closed, start command to run explorer again.
change the wow launcher to point to the batch file instead of the launcher and viola.

You can’t keep a good IT guy down. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you translate that into english, Athenapolias?

You would need to post in Website Bug Report I think. The ones who deal with the shop page don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not normally liaisons with them…

1 Like

I was having this same issue. I can navigate through the shop but kept getting a black screen on the Blizzard Checkout screen.

I simply navigated directly to “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_” and launched “Wow.exe”. Logged in with my account, then used the Shop to do a name change on one of my characters. It worked fine.

To make sure it wasn’t a fluke, I went back up a directory to “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft” and launched “World of Warcraft Launcher.exe”. I then attempted another name change to see if the Checkout screen would work properly or not. Sure enough, I got the black screen again.

Has to be something with the launcher causing this.

11 Likes

Or something tied to your browsers that is blocking it. Could be overlay in various programs, or something blocked or not supported in your browsers, sometimes security programs will do it.

3 Likes

Discord Overlay, Razer overlay, Nvidia overlay all cause this, to name a few. It does not automatically make it the launcher.

1 Like

YO!! This method worked for me! Thank you very much. I do have that Nvidia recorder thing tho so they may be right that its not necessarily the launcher itself that has the problem. But either way, your solution worked :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Kudos brother, and thanks for the info!

You got màlwàr3

It’s intercepting the pàyment packets ànd buggiñg the explorer / badly encrypted webpàge