In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

Incredible you know where the rogue is precisely when he stealths…

This one is a puzzle to me

UP YOUR RENDER DISTANCE!!!

Seeing unit “faded” in magically is annoying.

I clearly see someone stand on that rock by a tree.
Step away a bit, person fades away…yet tree and rock still there.

I understand the difference technically with static / level VS dynamic / players…but come on…

And Kinemetra wins the game. Silencing the chimp and ultimately ending the thread. DING DING DING…

When I googled it and at curse it says different:
Project ID 19430

Created May 26, 2009

Updated Nov 19, 2019

Total Downloads 1,606,923
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/spy
Now I am not saying your wrong, but can you put a link to your quote please?

I get the same results. Nothing for Jul [sic] 3, 2006.

I do seem to remember something like this though. Maybe a different addon?

1 Like

Just to jump right in but -

Paranoia

Client Version: 1.12

Rating:

A WoW AddOn which tries to detect enemies in the near vicinity. Detection is done by registering to events which are triggered by enemy players. This AddOn is about alerting the player of enemies and not supposed to hunt down enemies or used in a PvP Raid. In later it might even create unwanted noise.

And a different site:

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=8660&so=ASC&page=5#comments

First comment ever posted:

04-10-08, 10:21 AM
[Clausm]

A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0

File comments: 11

Uploads: 0|hehe

I always loved this addon before tbc
Wanna try this one now!
Tnx 4 ur work|
|[[Report comment to moderator]]||

From the addons own description:

Is Paranoia legal? Is this mod considered an exploit or a cheat? Can Paranoia see through stealth?
Paranoia is completely legal, since it is written completely in Lua and runs inside of WoW’s built in Lua interpreter, just like any other addon. Blizzard has specifically designed WoW so that addons can only perform functions Blizzard allows them to, and they are blocked from many of the more powerful functions such as auto-casting, auto-targeting, etc. Paranoia does not take advantage of any exploit in any way, since it only uses data that is already available to the player in the default UI. Even without Paranoia, you can detect nearby enemies simply by setting your combat log to “Everything” and keeping an eye on it. Enemy players will show up in red whenever they cast a spell or skill, use a tradeskill, or attack something (you can change the color to something like pink so they stand out from enemy mobs, which also appear as red). This is the same exact method that Paranoia uses to detect enemies. Also, Paranoia cannot see through stealth… some people seem to confuse this with the old Paranoia skill for Warlock Felhunters and think that this addon can target stealthed players, when it cannot. When Paranoia finds something like “Allirogue gains Stealth.” it only knows that there is a rogue somewhere near you who just went stealthed. If you try to target them, it will fail, since Paranoia uses a /target macro to target enemies. However, if you detect a stealthed player (by detect, I’m talking about the “whoosh” sound you hear when you move near a stealthed player and the very faint outline of them you can see), Paranoia will be able to target them, if you click on their name. Otherwise, there is nothing Paranoia can do to target stealthed players.

Yeah I’m already doing the same thing lol.

Google for spy addon in vanilla “2006”
Third from top.

This one? Why not just link it. BTW there is nothing here that says "Created Jul 3, 2006 ."

https://legacy-wow.com/cata-addons/spy/

This clearly gives the creation date of 2009:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/spy

It’s an archived version being conflated with the current version by google. The 2006 date is from the google search short form; it doesn’t exist in the newer version it sends you to in the link.

Regardless of whether you believe that spy specifically existed itself as a result of this is neither here nor there; there were plenty of other addons that performed a similar or identical function, such as radar and paranoia.

TL:DR; spy and spy facsimiles existed in vanilla, so they shouldn’t be killed in classic. The end.

So where did you get this from? Did you pull this off the internet somewhere or pull it out of your head?

Link.

Yeah I think that’s what people were saying.

You whining just like them but about something even more stupid, whining about whiners. Hilarious!

heartseeker has the exact same problem, just the other way. I’d be just as mad about faction imbalance if I was on horde.

yes, punish players of the overpopulated faction (whichever one it is, remember there are alliance heavy servers too!) if they choose to squat on an over 60/40 realm. maybe reward (5 days free membership?) players who do transfer.

Trust me, roll the underpopulated faction on one of these servers and try to get something done. you’ll know who’s disenfranchised.

10 characters required.

Read the entire blue post…

You mean this?

PvP - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge

https://www.curseforge.com › wow › addons › pvp https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/pvp

Details! Damage Meter. by Terciob. 39.4M Downloads Updated 1 day ago Created Jul 10, 2013 … 15.8M Downloads Updated Jul 14, 2019 Created Jul 3, 2006 .

guess what, it does affect damage meters what a shocker

Sorry, but I’m pretty sure addon developers can still work around this by having players running their addon sharing information under the covers. Every player running the addon still uncovers a 50 yard radius of the map. For this reason, if there is an ally with the Spy addon 50 yards away from you, then your range can effectively be extended to 100 yards. If the map is populated enough, Spy can still work much the way it does today. This may alleviate issues on sparsely populated maps, though. The irony here is that this disproportionately affects the players who are already on the losing side of the faction imbalance.

Yeah this does affect DPS meters and more importantly Threat meters (you can easily confirm this in Ragnaros and sometimes Garr depending on your strat). Glad a bunch of mediocre skilled rogues overly complained about an addon when it’s mostly a them being bad is the problem. Rogues have one of the best fault isolation trees as a kit and if you don’t know how to react to a certain class skill accordingly, that’s 100% a you problem.