In-Game Character Stuck function BROKEN

My shaman got stuck between a flower and two rocks (go figure). I used the in-game Character stuck service only to be kicked from the game and can’t log back in because the game says there is a character by that name already in the game.???

Your character stuck function used to just send you to the nearest graveyard but apparently you have changed it. Not only did it not recognize the character I was playing on, I had to choose it, but when it finally completed the function, it kicked me from the game.

The loading screen offered me the option to reconnect but I kept getting the same error message that there was already a character by that name already in the game.

What the hell have you guys done to a simple “send this character to the nearest graveyard” process for this simple request to get unstuck???

When I finally was able to get back into the game, my shaman was sitting in the Sentinel Hill graveyard…not even in Shadowlands. What on earth are you guys doing? This simple option is broken!!!

The character stuck function works exactly the same as it always has.

It first tries to hearth you or send you to the nearest graveyard. It sounds like during this process your character got disconnected - for whatever reason, it booted you. When you disconnect unexpectedly you will often see the “a character by that name already exists in game” message, as it can take up to 15 or so minutes for the game to realize you are gone if you don’t disconnect using the normal logout procedure.

If the game gets confused and doesn’t know where you are supposed to be, it has a backup safe graveyard. For horde that is in the barrens and for alliance it is in westfall.

So basically, the game tried to move you to the nearest graveyard, but somehow during that process it got confused and booted you out of the game, and when you were able to get back in it wasn’t sure where it was supposed to move you so you went to westfall. While ideally it would’ve just moved you to the nearest graveyard, it getting confused is something that will inevitably happen, and punting you to westfall is the intended outcome.

If this happens again, have a friend set one of the seat cushion toys near you, and you can hop onto it (even without line-of-sight). :slight_smile:

you can force the disconnection when you log’in in another character of your account, then disconect and back to your “first” character

Thanks for all this information. What I don’t understand is there was no delay between ‘choosing which character was stuck’ to being booted. It appears the game just kicked my character. It took me about 15 minute to finally get back into the game…and I did use all those techniques, except I did not know about that toy.

I finally just waited to relog into the game. Made a cup of tea and by the time that was done, I still was told ‘a character by that name already exists in game’ so I just exited, relogged and chose a different character to login with. Waited a few moments in my garrison and checked my mail before logging back out and choosing my shaman. Then I was finally able to get back into the game.

I’ve used this before and never had this problem. I always saw the short pause then found my character at the nearest graveyard. But I wonder if because my character was actually suck so badly in the game environment (between a flower and two rocks, mind you), it just kicked me? Sorta takes between a rock and hard place to an entirely different level… :rofl:

I usually login on another realm if I have the character exists error appearing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.