In a world revamp what villiains would you like to see?

I mean sure I don’t mind slaughter of Horde races or cities but there is nothing wrong morally with the practice.

I think thrall lead the horde to Kalimdor pretty quickly after the Arthas’s first few skirmishes with the horde. I think where I’d have him diverge the path would be juuuust before the culling of stratholme. I’d have jaina and uther be able to talk sense into him, and let jaina try to “cure” the plague. When failed to do so, there’d be the battle of stratholme instead, and I’d have Uther die there by Mal’Ganis’s hand. That would have Arthas’s trust in Jaina be shattered. He’d kill Mal’Ganis during that battle, and not follow him to northrend, thus never touching Frostmourne, and never becoming a member of the scourge, but becoming much more of a hardened individual in the process.

That would cause the legion’s plan to have Ner’zhul ruin Lordaeron with the scourge fail, so they’d have to come up with another plan. That would be his first enemy. I’d like to see stormwind get involved, and have Varian and Arthas form a a bond fighting the legion together. Varian would see Arthas’s extreme methods, and they’d start to grow apart, and after the legion’s defeat, I’d see stormwind and lordaeron in a cold war.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

The Mograine family leads an expedition to Northrend where they become the first death knights and raise Uther to complete a sort of four horsemen dynamic because the lich King realizes that one champion is likely to fail? Arthas realizing that the scourge under the horsemen is far too dangerous be to face alone as the the scourge feigns an assault on lordaeron allowing the horsemen to sack quel’thalas and revive kel’thuzad calls on stormwind for aid. It could be really good

See? that i could get behind.

1 Like

Tanaris leveling should be all about time shenanigans tbh. Get some use out of the caverns of time and integrate the whole ‘Alternate Universe’ thing a bit more smoothly into the average player’s consciousness.

3 Likes

Sylvanas comes to mind after this expansion when she is no longer Warchief or a member of the Horde, and could be a good questing villain as she roams Azeroth mastering death and twirling her mustache, telling us that she’ll “get us next time” every time we thwart her evil plans per zone.

Jokes aside, I can very easily see twilights’ hammer resurgeances across the globe, heck, maybe even a reformed orcish sect of the clan rejoins the Horde.

And y’know what, yeah, how about some morally devious Alliance for once, rather than having the Horde be the antagonist all the time. It won’t justify what the Horde has done up to this point, but it will justify future actions the Horde may take. Especially with a new Warchief next expansion, this is a way to set the record straight that the Horde isn’t always pure evil for no reason.

I can imagine the Blasted lands having quests involving groups of Outlanders who seek refuge from their deteriorating world. Maybe even some remnants of the Legion are harying them along the way.

Perhaps in the badlands, keeper Archaedas and Ironya return as Ulduman has been overrun by old god corrupted troggs and they’d need our aid to secure the facility.

Perhaps in Feralas, Magatha Grimtotem is up to no good with the doomstone and it’s up to the combined efforts of Hamuul Runetotem and Nerfurion to stop her.

I can probably think of many more, but this is a good amount for now.

1 Like

My preferred alternate timeline would be one where malfurion decided to go through with executing the highborne but it goes wrong with dath’remar and his highborne fighting back and sparking a civil war. During these events I’d like to see malfurion become more like his brother illidan with an any means necessary attitude while dath’remar begins to sympathize with azshara’s sentiments about the lowborne and lesser races. Essentially a civil war that turns two prominent heroes into the other’s villian

1 Like

This is the biggest part, I am so very sick of the awful cata broken zones, particularly in Kalimdor. Fix the barrens!

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Light inspired crusade waged by the zealots from alt-Draenor. I imagine the Naaru would be just as capable as Gul’dan to open portals to Azeroth.

1 Like

You watch–she’ll probably become the new leader of the tauren after Baine ascends to warchief.

Got a pokemon rival vibe right there. Someone acting as a foil to the PC during quests and gining lore importance during the expac.

I like it

3 Likes

I think you’re on to something there with the first part. We havnt had a villain as effective as Arthas ever since Wrath because it was personal for large a chunk of the Azeroth population. Extremely personal for some. Since we’ve burned through a lot of the Lore villains, they need to make a home-grown evil for us to fight in future if they want us to care. Garrosh was a fine example that they DO have the ability to pull it off. He was added to the game in BC, and by Cata was a fantastic villain that I’ll always love to hate.

On Topic:
I too am experiencing “World Threat Exhaustion”. I wouldnt mind spending some time helping people around the world with zone-level threats for a while.

For example, we could have the Centaur Clans, after years of our meddling, end up joining together under a new charismatic leader and their combined might becomes a threat that puts Desolace on the map again, with the Tauren especially concerned over it.

Outland, after years of neglect (and players wanting a “Skip Outland” button) gets a total overhaul. Come up with a new threat that has arisen there and we have to go take care of it and discover what kind of culture has been growing there in our absence. (maybe even use it as a jump-off point for a Twisting Nether expansion)

ALSO: Make the lesser Factions MATTER. I want factions like Ravenholt and the Pirates in Booty Bay to be actual organizations I can do fun stuff through, not do one ridiculously tedious thing over and over again (lockboxes… ugh) to grind rep that will never amount to anything.

1 Like

1.) That’s messed up right there.
2.) That doesn’t make sense at all. Becoming Warchief doesn’t mean you stop leading your people.
Thrall was Warchief and leader of the orcs.
Garrosh was Warchief and leaders of the orcs.
Vol’jin was Warchief and leader of the Darkspear.
Sylvanas is Warchief and currently leads the Forsaken.

The only reason the Desolate Council existed was to keep the Undercity running while Sylvanas was out of the city because she never appointed anyone to serve as a regent her absence.

Doesn’t mean they won’t do it. But don’t mind me, I’m just expecting the worst so I can be pleasantly surprised.