Improve Lore storytelling by (improving) Quests

Why oh Blizzard why do you keep bringing the senseless, lazy format - “Bring 30 bear hearts to this random goblin just because and mind you, for some unknown reason not all bears got hearts”- type of quest.

Why not put a bit of an effort and use Quests as means to tell the stories lost in limbo and give your world a much (needed) richer context?
Quests meaningful enough to be entertaining but simple enough as to not disrupt the main plot and characters in the spotlight.

iex; Where in game is it explained how the general population feels about their leaders; the naïve boy-King Anduin and führer Sylvanas. Only rumor has it that one is not very much supported while the other has the people’s loyalty. Who, how, why, huh?.

What in tarnation is going on with the Healers in Silithus, are they just sitting there having tea while thinking what spell to cast next?

What are the views or implications of all this for say, Dwarfs? I Seriously doubt Moira or the council is one to sit there watching as a human kid plays King, just blindly following.

etc, etc.

Just sayin’ , Quests could be used as teasers that give us a better understanding of all that surrounds the main plot. (and not just for a weekly honey blob slaughter).

6 Likes

100% agree. I’m really ambivalent about a lot of the main plot in Legion—but the Order Hall quests, the Suramar quests, and even the individual zones’ quests all elevated the expac for me.

4 Likes

I had not thought about it but its so true, the fact that all the zones and missions were in one way or another related to the main story and giving a feeling of progression made Legion quite satisfying.

Even the quarrel between Graymane and Sylvanas was smoothly placed (although it could’ve been exploited even more).

BfA feels like a huge layout on which future stories are being cemented but there are many loose ends. And instead of developing the main story through continuos gameplay, they waste it in irrelevant Quests about “Gorillas in Zuldar mist” or the Aunt Cookie that needs an over powered hero to search ingredients.

Blizzard is confusing me lately as in, is this a pg8+ game or what? Where are the good ol’ spooky quests and zones.
As good as Drustvar was, it did not reach the levels of feelz I had when exploring Deathwind pass/ Karazhan catcombs or the amazing BRD dungeon. Those were truly spooky , mysterious interesting places. With realistic questlines.

1 Like

There’s not much of a leg for the dwarves in the story for the alliance in BfA but she helps offer the Dark Irons to Anduin’s cause.