Impossible to RF on alliance but hey no problem there everything is fine Blizzard

Just started to gear my alt rogue. Obviously with my gear no way to get an invite in the raid on normal. So i try to do RF for my shards and dom socket. Been trying to do Sylvanas RF. 1 hour wait time (yeah 1 hour to find 25 people in a mmo …). Obviously people quit after 1 wipe and another 30 minutes waiting for a tank. After an hour and a half we did 2 try. That’s pathetic.

But hey according to Blizzard there’s no issue to solve here alliance players everything is fine perfectly acceptable and Blizzard doesn’t plan anything to solve the issue nope no problem there nothing is planned. That community forum thing wont change anything. When the leadership is bad listening to the community will not help. And Blizzard leadership has been awful for a while.

Nobody wants to tank Sylvanas LFR because it’s way too mechanically difficult for your typical LFR group.

4 Likes

Its the same thing on lfr for horde with the added bonus of many wipes for some of the more challenging bosses. I regularly have to 1 tank lfr fights on my horde characters because it just takes forever to find a 2nd and no dps wants to put on a shield.

Couple that with thd fact that the loot bag with runes is just not valuable enough to entice a geared tank. I can make 900 gold from 3 world quests, and some runes from a table mission, why would I punish myself by tanking a long, arduous fight that is almost guaranteed to fail?

Do you want lfr players to do sylvanas? Put invisible walls at the crossings, preventing people from falling off I am 100% serious.

2 Likes

They’ve been on a … vendetta to make heals and tank more “interesting”, they’ve been taking it a little farther every time. opinion, it’s kind of gone a little too far in spots. LFR could easily be on one of those spots.

1 Like

Slyvanas on LFR is not that hard tank wise. Just run to the edge when you get arrow in phase 1 and jump to the next platform for phase 3. Run to a corner, hopefully away from other people on the last platform.

That is it. You don’t have to soak up the puddles and place them in corners on LFR. That is heroic and mythic only.

As for everyone else, Sylvanas on LFR is not that mechanically difficult. The only “hard part” is not falling off the edge in phase 2 and moving to the next platform before she finishes Raze in phase 3. Which of course you tend to get people who intentionally fail these mechanics because they are lazy / want a carry.

I was in one group where a dps was complaining we didn’t have the dps… while they did no dps to the boss at all.

Same here. Thankfully most fights in LFR so far in Shadowlands can be one tanked if you are geared enough. Even ones in SoD. Like the only fights I find hard to 1 tank is Huntsman because of phase 2, Denathrius because of phase 3 and the Nine due to the healing reduction debuff in phase 2.

Not sure this has anything to do with being any faction. More to do with no one running entry level content 7 months later.

3 Likes

What is the point? The tier is over. Get some mythic plus gear or something. I can’t imagine doing lfr for gear.

2 Likes

forget that nonsense. buy the thing that gets you to renown 40. grab some friends and spam m+. you could hit 230 this week and then do normal if you really want to get shards and sockets.

1 Like

so the problem is the game is too shallow.

Yeah at this point LFR is just a cosmetic run.

If you view Lfr as the pinnacle of progress, yes. The story content is thin and the bottom of the game is but a puddle. Luckily, there is another ultra casual tier and a casual tier after that.

repeating the same content with bigger explosions, colors and numbers is about the definition of ‘shallow’.

there’s no reason at all why RF isn’t just one pool, not that it would solve the problem

RF tank and heals just needs to be easier

and their queue and matching systems really need to be pooled better

How??? LFR is already basically a cinematic. How would you possibly make it easier?

Well, for Sylvanas…

• Invisible walls in P2 so people can’t fall off
  • Change P3 so people can’t jump to the center (maybe have them get knocked back to the active platform instead)
  • The jump to the next platform during Raze in P3 remains active indefinitely
  • Raze in P3 deals ~90% less damage

The fact that any of these are an issue is laughable. If anyone needs this amount of handholding they should just watch it on YouTube.

So the only way to make it easier is to literally turn it into a cinematic. Nothing does enough damage to kill anyone and then idiot proof the mechanics so they have no choice to succeed, despite their very best efforts to play poorly.

The bar in LFR is so low that people practically have to dig to not get over it, and yet…

Except when the strategy actually changes because you can’t just stand in everything.

There shouldn’t be a bar in LFR. It’s content for the worst players in the game and should be tuned as such. Last I checked this was supposed to be a game for everyone.

Like I remember Elegon. He had a mechanic where the floor would disappear and anyone still standing on it would fall down and die. The LFR version kept the mechanic but the DPS requirements were so forgiving that it didn’t matter if half or more of your raid fell down and died.

Sylv has four instant-kill mechanics (Rive in P1, bridges in P2, raze in P3, jumping to the middle in P3) but the DPS requirements are such that when your LFR DPS inevitably dies to them you can’t kill the boss before she razes the last platform. That’s just frustrating and nobody wants to deal with it, hence the OP’s post.

1 Like

Why not? It shouldn’t require even some small degree of challenge? If not, why even bother with the bosses? Why not just queue into a loot chest?

It isn’t tuned that way already when the dps and healing requirements are so low that most of the people can be afk and still hit them? When basically all of the mechanics can be ignored without penalty?

Sure, but if people can’t handle not walking off a cliff or pushing an extra action button once per minute (BfA), then maybe raiding, even the lowest level, isn’t the part of the game for them.

I didn’t realize Rive was and insta-kill because I’ve never been hit with it. How are people routinely dying to that when there is literally nothing else going on? She’s basically immune to damage so all you have to do is not get hit with Rive.

I can’t even believe we’re talking about bridges as a mechanic. The solution is don’t walk off of them.

Raze is also a pretty simple situation of just not being on the platform when she razes it, and don’t jump to the middle.

None of these are very challenging, and again, the bar is so low it’s on the ground. Just step over it. If nobody wants to deal with it, then why don’t they just stop making some of the dumbest mistakes possible in large enough numbers that you can’t hit the dps check? Losing one or two morons shouldn’t be that big of an issue. Losing 20 to stuff that no one has a good excuse for should absolutely prevent a boss kill. If not, just skip the whole boss fight entirely, show a video of better players killing it that can’t be skipped, and let people collect “their” loot at the end.

1 Like